Baked Ziti is a household favourite meal that may be thrown collectively rapidly however tastes such as you spent hours making it. This Bake Ziti with Ricotta recipe is creamy, heat, completely scrumptious and is made multi functional pot and so cleanup is a breeze! For those who love lasagna, you’ve got to offer this Bake Ziti recipe a attempt!
Baked Ziti Recipe with Ricotta
The flavors on this Baked Ziti are similar to lasagna – a tangy tomato based mostly sauce, Italian seasonings, recent herbs, and naturally recent, creamy ricotta cheese all baked along with pasta for a flavorful, satisfying dinner.
My model of Baked Ziti provides in recent veggies including fascinating flavors, texture and naturally a lift of diet! This recipe is actually a whole meal with each meals group (okay, okay, there isn’t fruit in it – however further veggies after all) and is all made in only one pot so that you aren’t doing dishes all evening. When you’ve got ever made do-it-yourself lasagna, you realize that there’s at all times a heaping mound of dishes!
You’ve gotten GOT to offer this Baked Ziti recipe a attempt – and belief me – you can be making it repeatedly, and once more!
Components for Baked Ziti Recipe with Ricotta
- Ziti Pasta – Ziti pasta is similar to penne, but it surely has a square-angle lower and an oblong form whereas penne has an angled lower that offers it extra of a pointed form. You need to use both for this recipe;
- Onion + Garlic – yellow onions have a better quantity of pure sugar and when cooked with garlic give your finish dish a candy fragrant taste.
- Zucchini – search for small vibrant inexperienced zucchinis when shopping for. The small zucchinis have a extra tender texture.
- Spinach – recent child spinach is finest for this recipe.
- Crushed tomatoes – crushed tomatoes are combination of extra finely diced tomatoes in a tomato puree. They’ve a easy texture and add thickness that’s excellent in baked ziti.
- Tomato sauce – tomato sauce is. a tomato product that isn’t as thick as tomato puree however thicker than tomato juice.
- Seasoning – Italian seasoning, recent basil
- Ricotta cheese – ricotta is a recent, mushy and delicate cheese. It’s excellent in baked ziti as a result of it offers a scrumptious creamy base and scrumptious delicate taste.
- Mozzarella cheese – mozarella has a excessive moisture content material and is mostly much less salty than different cheeses. Shredded mozzarella pairs rather well with shredded mozzarella has a gooey melted topping for baked ziti as a result of it provides it a pleasant texture with out being too salty.
- Parmesan cheese – parmesan cheese is a semi-hard cheese that has a salty, buttery and distinctive taste.
Methods to Make Baked Ziti with Ricotta
- Begin by boiling your noodles within the pot you propose to make use of for the completed recipe. Boil in response to bundle instructions till al dente (you need them on the less-cooked facet as a result of they’ll soften extra within the sauce). Drain, rinse, and go away in your colander till you’re prepared for them in ten minutes.
- Subsequent, saute onions in olive oil over medium-high warmth till softened and going translucent. Add garlic and veggies, mixing over the warmth till spinach wilts. It should completely fill your pot at first and look like waaaaay an excessive amount of, however it should shrink like magic. Consider all that spinach you’re getting in! Rating.
- Pour in your sauce substances subsequent – diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, Greek yogurt and bitter cream. You need to use all Greek yogurt if you’d like, however you’ll get a sourer taste that may be a little harsher than if you add in bitter cream. However the Greek yogurt is nice as a result of it provides some protein, so for those who’re sport to make use of it, go for it!
- Lastly, add your pasta again in, in addition to 1 1/2 cups of cheese. I desire utilizing Italian mix as a result of it has an array of scrumptious cheeses, however I’ve used mozzarella with some Parmesan as nicely and it really works splendidly. Once more, most any shredded cheese you could have available ought to work. Experiment and discover out what mixture your loved ones likes finest!
- Combine the pot nicely and ensure the cheese is melted, then take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake the pasta at 375 levels F for 10 minutes till the cheese is melted and bubbly. (this can be a nice technique to preserve it heat for those who aren’t serving it straight away)
Your loved ones is bound to like this deliciously creamy pasta – and also you’re positive to like how simple it’s to make and clear up!
Steadily Requested Questions About Baked Ziti
- Can I substitute cottage cheese for ricotta in baked ziti? You undoubtedly can substitute cottage cheese for. ricotta, however your finish outcome will probably be a bit of totally different. Ricotta cheese is extra easy and creamy whereas cottage cheese has extra moisture and a extra lumpy texture. Additionally, cottage cheese is most salty.
- What can I take advantage of apart from zucchini? You’ll be able to undoubtedly use different kinds of squash as an alternative of zucchini. Yellow or crookneck squash is a straightforward substitute and cooks the identical as zucchini. It’s also possible to use winter squash like butternut, however as a result of it takes longer to prepare dinner you’ll most likely wish to precook it a bit.
- Can I add meat to this recipe and what could be finest? I might advocate including italian sausage to this recipe. After you saute the onions and garlic, I might add the sausage and prepare dinner till browned. Then proceed to observe the recipe.
- Is it doable to half this recipe? Completely! This recipe makes rather a lot! (excellent for feeding a crowd) In case you are simply making dinner for your loved ones and also you don’t have large eaters, half it for positive. Though this baked ziti. makes scrumptious leftovers. Similar to lasagna, the flavors get higher over time.
Extra Favourite Straightforward Household Dinners
- Straightforward Weeknight Veggie Gnocchi – Mushy pillowy gnocchi cooked in a candy tangy tomato sauce loaded with veggies.
- Wholesome Turkey Stroganoff – Turkey Stroganoff takes a traditional household favourite recipe and makes use of healthful, actual meals substances that comes collectively in lower than half-hour.
- Straightforward Tostadas – Clean up your dinner rotation with quick and simple tostadas constructed from complete grain flour tortillas and tacky refried beans with a crunchy cabbage topping.
- 16 ounce ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchini
- 16 ounce spinach
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, floor
Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
In a big forged iron or oven secure pot, boil pasta in response to bundle directions till al dente. Drain and rinse and preserve apart in colander.
Cube onion and mince garlic. Chop zucchini. In the identical forged iron pot, add olive oil and warmth to medium-high warmth. Saute diced onion for five minutes, till barely translucent.
Add garlic, zucchini, and spinach and stir till spinach has wilted, about 5-7 minutes. Salt and pepper greens to your liking.
Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, and ricotta cheese to the pot and convey to a simmer. Add noodles and half of the cheese (combine the mozzarella and parmesan cheese collectively) and blend nicely. Take away from warmth.
High with remaining cheese and place within the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes till the cheese on prime is melted, and barely golden brown. Serve sizzling.
Energy: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 18g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 895mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4946IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 333mg | Iron: 4mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover plenty of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and change into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.