These banana pancakes are a scrumptious, straightforward weekend breakfast. They’re fluffy, moist, and crammed with spiced banana taste. Go the maple syrup!
Fingers crossed you’ve a pair ripe bananas in your counter proper now, as a result of these banana pancakes are the proper weekend breakfast! They’re fluffy, moist, and tender, with a heat, spiced banana taste that may maintain you coming again for extra. They’re additionally conveniently straightforward to make, so if you happen to’ve simply rolled away from bed and have but to drink your morning espresso, you gained’t have any bother whipping them up.
Go the maple syrup, and revel in! We love this banana pancake recipe, and I believe you’ll too.
Banana Pancake Recipe Components
To make this banana pancake recipe, you’ll want these easy elements:
- Bananas, in fact! The spottier, the higher. The riper your bananas are, the sweeter, moister, and extra flavorful your pancakes will likely be.
- All-purpose flour – Spoon and stage the flour to keep away from packing an excessive amount of into your measuring cup.
- Baking powder, baking soda, and an egg – They assist the pancakes puff up as they prepare dinner.
- Cane sugar – It brings out the sweetness of the bananas.
- Almond milk – Or any milk you want. My do-it-yourself oat milk would work properly right here too.
- Avocado oil – You’ll add some to the pancake batter and use extra for the pan. In the event you don’t maintain avocado oil available, be at liberty to substitute vegetable oil or melted butter.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract – They add heat, spiced depth of taste that makes these pancakes style identical to banana bread.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
How one can Make Banana Pancakes
This banana pancake recipe is SO easy to make!
First, make the batter. Whisk collectively the moist elements in a single bowl and the dry elements in one other. Then, pour the moist elements into the bowl with the dry elements and fold till simply mixed. Cautious to not overmix! In the event you do, the pancakes will likely be dense.
Then, prepare dinner the pancakes. Warmth a non-stick pan over medium-low warmth, and pour 1/3 cup batter for every pancake into the new skillet. Cook dinner for 1 to 2 minutes on the primary facet, flip the pancakes, and prepare dinner for one more 1 to 2 minutes. The pancakes are prepared after they’re puffed, golden brown, and cooked by. Tip: if the pancakes are browning on the surface earlier than they’re performed on the within, flip down the warmth!
That’s it! You’ll possible must work in batches. If you wish to maintain the cooked banana pancakes heat when you work by the remaining batter, you may place them on a plate or baking sheet in a 200°F oven till you’re able to eat.
Banana Pancakes Serving Options
If you wish to maintain issues easy, serve these banana pancakes with a giant drizzle of maple syrup. However if you happen to’re within the temper to get inventive, have enjoyable experimenting with different toppings, too. Listed below are a number of concepts to get you began:
- Recent fruit. I like these banana pancakes with sliced bananas or recent berries.
- Nut butter. Slather them with peanut butter or almond butter.
- One thing wealthy or creamy. I like a pat of butter or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- One thing for crunch. Attempt chopped walnuts, pecans, or toasted coconut flakes.
You may even sprinkle them with chocolate chips!
Spherical out the meal with scorching espresso or tea and a facet of recent fruit. In the event you’re craving an even bigger brunch, pair the banana pancakes with one thing savory, like a frittata, breakfast casserole, or scrambled eggs.
Need much more brunch concepts? Discover 60 of our favorites right here!
Extra Favourite Breakfast Recipes
In the event you love these banana pancakes, attempt one in all these favourite breakfast recipes subsequent:
These straightforward banana pancakes are the BEST weekend breakfast or brunch! They’re fluffy, scrumptious, and crammed with spiced banana taste. Serve them with sliced bananas and a giant drizzle of maple syrup.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled*
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Heaping 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heaping ¼ sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, about 2 medium bananas
- 1 giant egg
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, for serving
In a big bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg, and stir to mix.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the mashed banana, egg, almond milk, avocado oil, and vanilla. Add the moist elements to the dry elements and blend till simply mixed.
Warmth a nonstick skillet to medium-low warmth and brush calmly with oil. Use a ⅓-cup scoop to pour the batter into the skillet. Cook dinner the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes per facet, or till they’re puffed, cooked by, and golden brown on each side. Serve with maple syrup.
*The pancakes will likely be dense if the flour is simply too packed.