Best Chemical Free Deodorant For Men And Women
Pure chemical-free deodorants do not contain any chemicals unlike conventional products. It is also made with 100% natural ingredients . In this article, we will explain why you shouldn’t buy a deodorant that contains chemicals, and explain the natural deodorant product that is best suited to your individual needs.
Harmful Ingredients in Common Deodorants
In addition to commercially available deodorants, there are natural alternatives that effectively remove sweat.
The armpits and especially the area near the chest are delicate and sensitive. Therefore, chemicals are absorbed very quickly from these areas, and there is always a risk of side effects. Some chemicals are more toxic than others. Among them, the main substances are:
- Parabens : It is actually a preservative. Some types include methylparaben, benzylparaben, and propylparaben. In fact, parabens in deodorants mainly affect the endocrine system .
- Aluminum Hydrochloride : This is the ingredient used in most antiperspirants to prevent sweating . Aluminum hydrochloride clogs pores , which can lead to acne or painful cysts in your armpits .
- Synthetic Fragrance : A mixture of chemicals that affect the strength of the skin’s outer barrier. Phthalates are one of the most used chemicals to maintain an attractive fragrance .
- Preservatives : Among them are triclosan and phenoxyethanol. Preservatives are antibacterial agents that prevent compounds from decomposing. The problem is that these ingredients also act as endocrine disruptors .
Benefits of natural deodorants
Natural deodorants do not clog pores, so they do not prevent sweating. The body removes toxins by sweating . It is essential for the proper functioning of the body and helps regulate body temperature. Meanwhile, you can reduce the smell of sweat without resorting to chemicals .
In natural cosmetics, sweating is very widespread as an antiperspirant ingredient. Compounds in natural products are made up of minerals, oils, and essences, which act like chemicals but work naturally.
Some Ways to Make Natural Deodorant
Using a pure deodorant can control body odor and excessive sweating, similar to commercially available products. There are two great ingredients that serve as the basis for preparing a natural deodorant : eco-friendly and organic. This results in a product that is completely free of chemicals and can be used on the body.
- Eco-friendly deodorant with alum: Alum is a natural antiperspirant. The advantage is that it does not completely clog pores, so you can sweat more lightly. It also forms a protective film on the skin due to its antibacterial effect.
- A solid deodorant containing this ingredient can be used under the armpits . You can also find liquid products to use as sprays.
- Eco-friendly deodorants with essential oils : Essential oils are the basis of all creams, deodorants and perfumes. Plants such as rosemary , tea tree, lavender, lemon, and ylang-ylang can take advantage of their antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
A brand of natural, chemical-free deodorant
- Mádara’s Herbal Deodorant: This deodorant contains sage and other soothing plants such as marigold (calendula) or chamomile, which have antiseptic properties. These cosmetics contain alum stones to prevent odour. When it comes to healing properties, rosettes or glycerin act to protect the skin.
- Coslys: One of the favourite brands of many pure product lovers. This is because, above all, it contains a bacterium called Saccharomyces that inhibits sweating. There is also alum, which reduces sweating, and aloe vera glycerin, which provides a soft feel to the skin.
*Caution: Natural products, like some plants, can cause allergic reactions to some ingredients. Therefore, it is necessary to pay close attention to the occurrence of unwanted side effects. If in doubt, consult your healthcare professional.
Also read: 5 ways to prevent bacterial vaginosis
Finally, it is important to note that the chemical or artificial products used on the body should be carefully reviewed to avoid harmful effects. In the case of cosmetics, public awareness of products, including chemical-free natural deodorants, is increasing day by day.