I really like this blueberry smoothie recipe as a result of it is tremendous nutritious, nevertheless it tastes like a deal with! Mix it collectively for a yummy wholesome breakfast or snack.
Nicely mates, this blueberry smoothie recipe has despatched me off on one other breakfast kick. We had a stretch of sunny days in Chicago over the weekend, and with the (barely) hotter climate, I began craving all issues mild and contemporary. On Saturday, I ditched my regular morning toast and blended up this blueberry smoothie for breakfast as an alternative. I did it once more on Sunday. …And on Monday. It’s Tuesday now, and I’m actually not trying again. This blueberry smoothie is full of wholesome components, however because of its thick, frosty texture and candy berry taste, it tastes like a morning ice cream deal with. It’s straightforward to make within the blender, and it retains me full until midday. I don’t suppose this one’s coming off repeat anytime quickly.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this blueberry smoothie recipe:
- Blueberries, in fact! Use frozen berries to make this smoothie thick and frosty.
- Frozen raspberries – The extra berries, the merrier, proper? The raspberries add a pleasant tartness to this blueberry smoothie.
- Frozen cauliflower – Belief me, you received’t style it! It provides the smoothie an additional increase of vitamins and helps excellent its creamy texture.
- Frozen banana – Just like the cauliflower, the banana makes this smoothie tremendous creamy.
- Almond milk – Use store-bought, or make your personal! If you happen to don’t hold almond milk available, be at liberty to substitute your favourite dairy or non-dairy milk. Water works too!
- Almond butter – It provides protein and wholesome fat.
- Maple syrup – For sweetness.
- Recent lemon juice – Its shiny taste balances the sweetness from the fruit and maple.
- Recent ginger – Non-obligatory, however scrumptious. Mix it into the smoothie for a refreshing kick.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
Place all of the components in a blender, and mix till clean! If the smoothie is simply too thick to mix, add extra almond milk as wanted to succeed in your required consistency.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Variations
If you happen to couldn’t inform, I’m fairly obsessive about this blueberry smoothie recipe simply because it’s written. However like all smoothie, it’s versatile! If you happen to don’t have these precise components available, swap in what you do have, or change it up to fit your tastes. Listed below are just a few concepts to get you began:
- Go inexperienced. Mix in a handful of spinach or kale.
- Skip the raspberries. Make a easy blueberry banana smoothie by utilizing an entire frozen banana as an alternative of half of 1.
- Swap the nut butter. Change the almond butter with peanut butter or cashew butter.
- Make it heartier. Add a scoop of Greek yogurt or entire rolled oats. A tablespoon of hemp or chia seeds can be a very good addition too.
Let me know what variations you strive!
Blueberry Smoothie Serving Recommendations
This blueberry smoothie is such a scrumptious wholesome breakfast or snack! Take pleasure in a tall, cool glass by itself, or add toppings like sliced almonds, contemporary blueberries, chia seeds, and/or coconut flakes and scoop it up with a spoon.
Hungry for extra? This smoothie pairs nicely with all types of breakfast fare. For a fast weekday breakfast, serve it with a slice of avocado toast or any of these wholesome muffin recipes. On the weekend, mix it up as a beverage for a laid-back brunch. It’s implausible with a frittata, scrambled eggs, waffles, French toast, or a giant stack of pancakes.
Extra Favourite Smoothie Recipes
If you happen to love this blueberry smoothie recipe, strive certainly one of these refreshing smoothies subsequent:
Serves 2 to three
This blueberry smoothie recipe is creamy, nutritious, and refreshing. Mix it up for a scrumptious wholesome breakfast or snack!
In a blender, place the blueberries, almond milk, cauliflower, raspberries, banana, almond butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, and ginger, if utilizing.
Mix till creamy, including extra almond milk as wanted to mix.