These chocolate protein bars are gluten-free, grain-free, can simply be made vegan, and make an superior balanced macro snack. You can also make these as a part of meal prep, or get pleasure from them as a wholesome deal with that tastes like dessert.
Hello pals! I hope you’re having week to this point and I’m sending all of my prayers to our pals in Texas proper now. In case you’re in search of methods to assist, try this hyperlink.
The Pilot has been caught at his crash pad for 2 days within the blizzard – his flights have been canceled this week – however I’m grateful that he’s been protected with all the loopy climate occurring.
For right now’s submit, I wished to re-share this recipe as a result of it’s such one and so handy for busy days. I like to make not less than one wholesome snack to have readily available every week and that is certainly one of my faves! It tastes like dessert and is full of protein: chocolate protein bars!
You want this in your life.
These are tremendous simple to place collectively, and I really like that they’ve a pure sweetness + superior texture from baked candy potato. They’re a fantastic element for meal prep, plus are gluten-free and balanced in macros.
Right here’s the recipe for those who’d like to present them a strive!
Chocolate Protein Bars with Candy Potato
A scrumptious and wholesome deal with that tastes like dessert. I wish to have 2 squares for a candy, protein-dense snack. This one is gluten-free and has an superior texture with no added fats. Try the notes beneath for vegan choice.
- Prep Time: 15
- Complete Time: quarter-hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/3 C candy potato flesh (from a big baked candy potato. The canned stuff doesn’t style pretty much as good)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 chocolate bar, melted (can use a double-boiler for those who’re feeling fancy, or a glass bowl within the microwave. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stopping to stir in between)
- 2 scoops protein powder of selection (I used vanilla Backyard of Life; chocolate could be superior, too)
- 1/3 C brown rice flour (or any gluten-free flour)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 t baking powder
- pinch salt
- pinch cinnamon
- Sweetener of selection if wanted (maple syrup, honey, Stevia, coconut sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a small baking dish (I used an 8×8 dish) with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- Combine all the substances in a big bowl. Pour combination into the baking dish and clean with a spatula.
- Bake 20 minutes, or till toothpick inserted within the “cake” comes out clear.
- To make these vegan, be sure to make use of a vegan chocolate bar, and substitute 3 chia or flax eggs for the common eggs. To make the flax or chia egg, mix 3 tablespoons of both chia or floor flax with 3 tablespoons water.
Vitamin stats may be discovered right here. (6 servings // 88 cal per serving // 10g carb // 5g protein // 3g fats // WW good factors: 3)
Please let me know what you assume. 🙂
Have a fantastic day and I’ll see ya within the morning with Friday Faves.
Images: Ari at Properly Seasoned