I’m again with one other easy, but extremely addicting broccoli salad recipe for #MeatlessMonday that can make you need to run to the shop and fill up on each single veggie accessible. GET READY TO EAT THE RAINBOW KIDS.
Now don’t get me fallacious, I like a very good leafy inexperienced salad however is there something higher than a NON-LETTUCE salad that’s crunchy, flavorful and full of a literal rainbow of greens? Nope. I initially made this salad about 2 years in the past and I nonetheless make it on a regular basis.
So, I’d wish to re-introduce you to my Thai-inspired broccoli salad with protein packed chickpeas, pretty cashews, and a spicy ginger peanut dressing. Uh huh, honey.
Seeking to eat extra vegetation?
I’ve bought you coated with my FREE e mail sequence: 5 Days of Plant-Primarily based Consuming! On this sequence I share my finest plant-based, vegan recipes with you to take pleasure in for each meal of the day — snacks & desserts included!
Get the entire deets & join right here to take pleasure in colourful, veggie-packed meals each week.
Thai-inspired broccoli salad substances
This attractive cashew broccoli salad shouldn’t be solely stunning, nevertheless it contains loads of rainbow veggies that can keep crunchy all week lengthy. It’s tossed in candy & spicy ginger peanut dressing that you simply’re certain to make time and again. This broccoli salad is gluten & grain free, simply made vegan, and would possibly simply be your new favourite lunch to meal prep. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- For the veggies: we’re utilizing a stupendous mixture of broccoli, shredded crimson cabbage, shredded carrot, crimson bell pepper, jalapeño & contemporary cilantro.
- For the protein: this broccoli salad has a lift of plant primarily based protein from chickpeas.
- For the peanut dressing: that addicting Thai-inspired spicy ginger peanut dressing is made with peanut butter (use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off Wild Buddies!), honey (or maple syrup), rice vinegar, sesame oil, contemporary ginger, garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- To garnish: I like topping this salad with extra cilantro and roasted cashews. Honey roasted is superb!
Ought to I cook dinner the broccoli?
No want! This salad makes use of contemporary, uncooked broccoli — it’s scrumptious! For those who’re delicate to uncooked veggies like broccoli you possibly can be happy to offer it a fast blanch to make it a bit of bit simpler to digest, however I feel it’s excellent as is.
Make this salad your individual
The nice half about this crunchy chopped Thai-inspired broccoli salad is that it’s simple to customise! Listed below are some ideas for making it your individual:
- Maintain it vegan. Be happy to sub maple syrup for the honey to maintain this salad vegan.
- Swap your protein. Cooked, cubed tofu and/or cooked quinoa can be scrumptious on this recipe, and a few cooked honey mustard rooster, shrimp or my maple glazed salmon can be excellent for those who’re not consuming plant primarily based!
- Decide your produce. For those who’re out of broccoli I feel shredded brussels sprouts can be excellent.
- Change up the dressing. Going through a nut allergy? Change the peanut butter with tahini and skip the cashews. Or do this flavorful sesame ginger dressing.
Ideas for making this chopped cashew broccoli salad
- Chop your broccoli very finely. The trick to this salad is to ensure your broccoli is VERY finely chopped. Get wild with that knife and chop, chop, chop!
- Alter the sweetness & spiciness. Personally, I want only one tablespoon of honey (or maple syrup) within the dressing and I like a hearty pinch of cayenne, however you possibly can simply alter this primarily based in your preferences. I like to recommend tasting as you go when mixing the dressing. If you’d like it spicier or sweeter, simply alter seasonings as mandatory.
- Meal prep or feed a crowd. I completely love making this through the week as a result of it retains effectively within the fridge, nevertheless it’s additionally excellent for events & gatherings! Abra and I noshed on all of it week lengthy after we examined it out. Be happy to double it for a crowd to make a yummy facet dish that everybody will love. I counsel leaving out the cashews till you might be able to serve.
The way to retailer broccoli salad
As I discussed, this crunchy chopped Thai-inspired broccoli salad retains getting higher over the course of some days because it marinates within the scrumptious, spicy peanut dressing. Retailer it in an hermetic container (or a number of meal prep containers like these) for as much as 5 days and luxuriate in all week lengthy. It’s additionally excellent for each events and meal prep, and you may simply make it the night time earlier than. We suggest including the cashews proper earlier than serving although.
What to serve with this broccoli salad
This broccoli salad packs loads of protein, fiber & taste to eat by itself for lunch, nevertheless it additionally makes the right facet dish for a celebration. Listed below are another scrumptious plant primarily based sides and mains that you may serve it with:
For those who’re not vegan or vegetarian, this recipe is scrumptious with easy rooster breast on prime (take a look at these marinades for the right inspo!) or as a facet to my well-known One Pan Ginger Rooster Meatballs with Peanut Sauce.
Extra salad recipes you’ll love
I hope you’re keen on this simple chopped Thai-inspired broccoli salad. For those who make it, please depart a remark beneath and charge the recipe — I actually recognize it! xo.
Spicy Cashew Chickpea Broccoli Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
Scrumptious wholesome Thai-inspired broccoli salad made with colourful veggies like crunchy carrots, crimson cabbage and candy bell pepper. This simple vegan cashew broccoli salad is tossed in a spicy ginger peanut dressing and full of scrumptious, plant primarily based protein because of chickpeas!
(15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
medium head broccoli, VERY finely chopped into chunk sized items (3-4 cups VERY FINELY diced)
packed shredded crimson cabbage
crimson bell pepper, diced
diced inexperienced onions (principally inexperienced half)
jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
chopped contemporary cilantro
- For the dressing:
pure creamy peanut butter
low sodium gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
honey (or pure maple syrup to maintain vegan)
sesame oil (or sub olive oil)
contemporary grated ginger
garlic, finely minced
- Elective: ¼ teaspoon crimson cayenne pepper, plus extra for those who prefer it further spicy!
heat water, to skinny dressing
- To garnish:
roasted cashew halves (honey roasted or a enjoyable taste is yummy)
In a big bowl, add the chickpeas, finely chopped broccoli, shredded crimson cabbage, shredded carrots, crimson bell pepper, inexperienced onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Put aside.
Make the dressing by whisking collectively the next substances in a small bowl: peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper and water. Drizzle over the salad and toss effectively to mix.
Serve instantly with a contemporary squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle roasted cashews on prime and toss a number of extra occasions, or place within the fridge for later (don’t add cashews till you might be able to eat for optimum crunch!) Salad will hold effectively coated within the fridge for up 3-5 days. Serves 4.
Be happy to double the recipe for a crowd to make a yummy facet dish that everybody will love. I counsel leaving out the cashews till you might be able to serve. Salad will keep good for 3-5 days within the fridge.
See notes within the weblog publish for steered recipe substitutes.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (primarily based on 4)
Saturated fats: 3.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats