In terms of all-around baked good efficiency, it’s exhausting to beat Cornbread Muffins. Moist, fluffy, and made with wholesome elements, these simple corn bread muffins are acceptable any time of day.
Mega-moist (far out of your common crumbly cornbread muffin), and made with better-for-you elements, these southern cornbread muffins are a twist on my mom’s basic cornbread batter.
You may take pleasure in them in each candy and savory purposes.
Should you’re questioning what to serve with cornbread muffins, the reply is: no matter you want!
- Get pleasure from these old school cornbread muffins for breakfast with a smear of your favourite jam.
- Whip up a batch to take pleasure in with a steaming bowl of Wholesome Turkey Chili.
- Slather them with butter and honey beside a day cup of tea.
How ever you select to gobble up these muffins, they’re positive to change into an prompt hit along with your family and friends.
Tips on how to Make Cornbread Muffins
This deceptively wholesome and simple cornbread muffin recipe is a brilliant, tasty solution to start (or finish) your day (as are these Wholesome Oatmeal Muffins).
They’re subtly candy, however not so candy they might be misplaced with soup or chili.
Should you’d like 100% savory cornbread muffins, I counsel baking this Mexican Cornbread in a muffin pan.
- Cornmeal. Lends these healthful cornbread muffins their quintessential taste and the particular texture that makes them delicate on the within and barely crisp on the skin.
- Flour. A 50/50 mix of all function and complete wheat pastry flour is the proper mixture of fluffy and nutritious.
- Sugar. Sweetens the muffins a contact and improves the tenderness of the crumb. (And sure, I like sugar or honey in my cornbread!).
- Applesauce. Provides moisture to the muffins with out further fats (similar to in these Applesauce Muffins).
- Baking Powder. Our leavening agent that provides these southern cornbread muffins their good rise.
- Eggs. Our star muffin binder.
- Butter. For moisture, softness, and basic butter taste baked proper into each chew.
- Skim Milk. I made a decision to skip the buttermilk (and put it aside for these Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins) and bitter cream and reached for skim milk to make these cornbread muffins wholesome.
This old school cornbread muffin recipe is the proper base for corn muffin creativity. Listed here are a number of of my favorites:
- Blueberry Cornbread Muffins. Add 3/4 recent or frozen blueberries to the batter (if utilizing frozen, no have to thaw first).
- Jalapeno-Cheddar Cornbread Muffins. Add 1/4 cup diced recent jalapeno and 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese to the completed batter (or bake this tacky Jalapeno Cornbread in a muffin pan).
- Jam-Stuffed Cornbread Muffins. After baking, fill every muffin along with your favourite raspberry, blueberry, or strawberry jam. To take action, spoon 3/4 cup of seedless jam right into a pastry bag fitted with a big spherical tip. Push the tip into the highest of the muffin and squeeze 1-2 tablespoons of jam into the middle, till you concern it could burst. YUM.
- Mix the dry elements. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine collectively the moist elements.
- Pour the moist elements into the dry elements, and stir to mix. Don’t over combine.
- Let the batter relaxation at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the batter right into a greased or lined normal muffin tin, filling every effectively to the highest.
- Bake cornbread muffins at 350 levels F for 23 to 25 minutes, till the tops are frivolously crisp and golden. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Leftover muffins will hold effectively in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days.
- To Freeze. Place muffins in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze till stable. Switch the frozen muffins to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw and luxuriate in as desired.
What to Serve with Cornbread Muffins
Soups & Stews
Soups & Stews
Inexperienced Chili Recipe
White Rooster Chili
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Muffin Tin. This normal 12-cup muffin tin is my go-to for baking muffins and cupcakes each time.
- Mixing Bowls. I like this nested glass mixing bowl set as a result of it saves valuable space for storing.
- Picket Spoons. To forestall overmixing the batter, I sometimes desire to combine by hand relatively than utilizing a mixer when making muffin recipes.
The Greatest Muffin Tin
The nonstick materials in these tins makes eradicating the muffins a breeze and likewise browns evenly!
A muffin you possibly can take pleasure in for breakfast, lunch, dinner AND dessert? Signal me up!
Regularly Requested Questions
Swap the all-purpose and complete wheat flours for a trusted 1-to-1 gluten free flour that you’ve had success with prior to now. Cornmeal is of course gluten free (simply test your labels to substantiate the model you purchase is processed in a gluten free licensed facility if essential).
Basically. Many cornbread recipes can typically be tailored into muffins and vice versa by taking part in round with the oven temperature and baking time.
Positive! Whereas I’ve not used them myself to make Cornbread Stuffing, I think about they might work splendidly. Should you strive these in a cornbread stuffing recipe, I might love to listen to your outcomes.
For the Corn Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (prompt: medium grind, however don’t use coarse)
- 1 1/2 cups complete wheat pastry flour or white complete wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 giant eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
In a big mixing bowl, mix the cornmeal, complete wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a big bowl. In a separate bowl, combine collectively the milk, eggs, applesauce, and melted, cooled butter.
Slowly pour the moist elements into the dry elements, and stir with a picket spoon, till they’re simply blended. Don’t over combine. Enable the combination to relaxation at room temperature for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or frivolously grease with cooking spray. Spoon the batter into the tin, filling every one simply to the highest.
Bake the corn muffins for 23-25 minutes, till the tops are frivolously crisp and a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. Let cool for five minutes within the pan, then gently switch to a wire rack to chill utterly…or take pleasure in them heat straight away.
- RECIPE VARIATION: I initially shared this muffin recipe with a jam filling. After the muffins cool, spoon 3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves right into a pastry bag fitted with a big spherical tip. Push the tip into the highest of the muffin and squeeze 1-2 tablespoons of jam into the middle, till you concern it could burst. Repeat for every muffin.
- TO STORE: Leftover muffins will hold effectively in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days.
- TO FREEZE: Place muffins in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze till stable. Switch the frozen muffins to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw and luxuriate in as desired.
Serving: 1(of 12)Energy: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 7gFats: 6gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 38mgPotassium: 386mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 225IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 141mgIron: 2mg
Be part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.
Making stealthy wholesome muffins is a ardour of mine. Listed here are extra of my favourite wholesome muffin recipes: