We’re all about straightforward meals right here at Mark’s Every day Apple, however typically you wish to step it up and make one thing somewhat particular. Who says you possibly can’t serve a powerful meal that’s additionally easy? Right here, we made air fryer cornish hens over mashed root veggies with a facet of roasted Brussels sprouts. It’s straightforward to arrange and is a step up out of your typical weekday fare.
Right here’s methods to make it.
Cornish Hens with Brussels Sprouts and Gravy Recipe
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1.5 lb. brussels sprouts
- 4 cloves sliced garlic
- Salt and pepper
Drizzle and rub the avocado oil all around the hens.
In a small bowl, mix the entire spices collectively and sprinkle them on all sides of each of the hens. Place the cornish hens on a baking sheet or an air fryer rack.
Air Fryer directions
Preheat your air fryer to 350 levels Fahrenheit in case you are utilizing an air fryer with a stainless basket, or 380 levels if utilizing an air fryer with a plastic basket. Place the hens breast facet down and air fry for about half-hour. Flip the birds over and proceed air frying till the interior temperature reaches 165-180 levels Fahrenheit within the thickest a part of the breast and thigh (examine the packaging in your hens to substantiate cooking temperature). For a crispier chicken, you possibly can enhance the temperature to 375 or 400 respectively and air fry till the pores and skin crisps up. The general time and temperature it takes will rely upon the kind of air fryer you will have.
Preheat your oven to 375 levels. Place the hens on a sheet pan or baking sheet and roast for about 55 minutes. Test the interior temperature and place again within the oven if mandatory, till the interior temperature of the thickest a part of the breast and thigh attain 165-180 levels Fahrenheit.
To arrange the brussels sprouts, lower off the robust ends and lower them in half lengthwise. Toss them within the avocado oil, sliced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lay them out on a glass baking dish or roasting pan and roast at 375 levels for about 40-45 minutes, or till golden, Alternatively, you possibly can place them in your air fryer and air fry at 350 or 375 levels for about quarter-hour, or till golden. The general time and temperature it takes will rely upon the kind of air fryer you will have.
As soon as the hens have cooled barely, slice them in half and serve every half with a serving to of crispy brussels sprouts and a serving of mashed root veggies. Pour the Primal Kitchen Traditional Gravy on high and luxuriate in!
- Cornish hens range a bit in dimension and are normally round 1-1.5 kilos. This may affect how lengthy they take to cook dinner, and the way many individuals they feed. For a bigger chicken, intention for half of a hen per serving. For smaller hens, you could possibly serve every particular person an entire hen.
- Defer to the cooking directions that got here together with your cornish hens if in case you have any. Some packaging recommends cooking hens to 180 levels, which differs a bit from the everyday 165 levels for different poultry.
- Each air fryer is a bit completely different, so defer to your handbook on superb cooking occasions and temperatures. I’ve discovered that steel-insert air fryers are inclined to cook dinner a bit extra sizzling and rapidly than plastic insert fryers. If the air fryer operate on yours runs fairly sizzling and you’ve got a convection bake possibility, that may be an possibility to make use of as an alternative to verify your hens cook dinner on the within in addition to the surface.
- Be at liberty to modify up the spice mix used on the cornish hens. An alternative choice could be grated lemon, freshly grated garlic, chopped rosemary, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Not a fan of brussels sprouts? Swap it out in your favourite veggie! Another good choices for this dish could be roasted asparagus, broccoli or cabbage.