Creamy hen enchilada soup stuffed with taste and protein. Made with the right quantity of spice, hen breast and black beans, then topped with contemporary avocado slices for the last word chunk. Straightforward meal prep for a fast weeknight dinner or lunch.
Searching for extra soup recipes? Do this Minestrone Soup or this Broccoli Cheese Soup!
Cozy Selfmade Enchilada Soup
If you happen to’re something like me, you like a bowl of warming soup throughout the colder winter months. This hen enchilada soup is simply the ticket! It has all the flavour of traditional hen enchiladas in soup type. Plus it’s made in a single pot, which suggests you received’t have a pile of dishes to scrub after dinner. Speak about a win-win scenario.
Moreover being simple to make, this soup is loaded with taste and protein. Hearth-roasted tomatoes, enchilada sauce, poblano peppers and chipotle add a spicy kick, whereas hen breasts and black beans present a wholesome supply of protein. Frozen candy corn kernels add a burst of nutritional vitamins and colour, then every thing is given a creamy end by mixing in a modest quantity of cream cheese.
This soup is prepared in lower than half-hour, making it excellent for busy weeknights. Leftovers reheat nicely, so you’ll be able to pack up any extras for lunch the following day.
What You’ll Want
Right here’s what you’ll must make this soup:
- Avocado oil: You may also use olive oil.
- Yellow onion: White or crimson onion can even work.
- Poblano: This can be a mildly spiced chili pepper that provides tons of taste to your soup.
- Garlic: There are 3 cloves on this recipe, including taste and immune boosting properties.
- Purple Bell pepper: You might additionally use a yellow or inexperienced pepper.
- Chipotle peppers: Canned peppers, diced and added to the soup with a little bit of the adobo sauce they arrive packed in.
- Candy corn: I used frozen corn however you possibly can additionally use canned corn that has been drained.
- Hearth roasted diced tomatoes
- Black beans: Rinsed and drained canned beans. You may also use pinto beans.
- Rooster breast: The hen shall be cooked proper within the soup, then shredded and added again to the pot.
- Rooster broth: Vegetable broth additionally works if that’s what you may have available.
- Purple enchilada sauce
- Cream cheese: This shall be stirred into your soup on the finish so as to add creaminess.
- Lime Juice: I like to recommend utilizing a contemporary lime. The bottled stuff simply isn’t the identical!
- Recent cilantro: Roughly chopped. Don’t sub with dry cilantro.
- Toppings: Sliced avocado, bitter cream, greek yogurt, diced crimson onion or shredded cheese.
Store This Recipe
How one can Make Rooster Enchilada Soup
Now that you’ve all of your elements, right here’s the way to make this soup:
Warmth a dutch oven or giant soup pot over medium-high warmth.
Add oil and cook dinner among the veggies. Add avocado oil to the pot together with onion, garlic and poblano. Saute for 3-4 minutes, till onions are translucent. Subsequent, add in chipotle pepper and crimson pepper. Stir and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add hen broth, enchilada sauce, candy corn, tomatoes, black beans and hen to the pot.
Cook dinner the soup. Give it a fast stir and convey to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes till hen is cooked via.
Shred the cooked hen. Take away hen from the pan and shred with two forks. Add hen again to the pot.
Add cream cheese, lime juice and cilantro. Cut back warmth to medium-low and cook dinner till cream cheese is melted.
Serve. Add your favourite fixings and dig in!
There are such a lot of stuff you and add to your soup and one of the best half is everybody in your loved ones can customise their fixings with out your needing to do anything. Listed below are a few of my favourite toppings concepts:
- Diced crimson onion
- Diced scallions (simply the inexperienced elements)
- Sliced contemporary avocado
- Bitter cream or Greek yogurt
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Lime wedges (squeeze the juice into your soup)
What Goes with Enchilada Soup?
This soup is a meal in and of itself, however in case you are in search of easy sides or drinks to serve with it listed below are some recommendations:
- Margaritas – A traditional alternative for Mexican or Tex-Mex meals! This spicy margarita is nice too!
- Crusty bread – A thick slice of bread drizzled with olive oil is ideal for dipping into your soup.
- Quesadillas – Take two flour tortillas, add a little bit of cheese in between them, and soften on a skillet for a easy aspect.
- Heat tortillas – You might even simply heat corn or flour tortillas, then roll them up and dip them into your soup earlier than taking a chunk. Easy and attractive!
- Crackers – Serve your favourite type of crackers on the aspect.
How one can Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
Let your soup come to room temperature, then ladle it into hermetic containers and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Whenever you’re able to eat some, simply spoon the specified quantity right into a microwave secure bowl, cowl with a plate, and warmth till the soup is warmed via. I like to recommend pausing midway via the heating time to offer the soup a superb stir and ensure it heats evenly.
You may also reheat the soup in a small pot on the stovetop over medium-low warmth.
Can I Freeze This?
Sure, this soup freezes nicely! I like to recommend freezing it in particular person parts to that it’s simpler to warmth up your soup again up if you’re prepared. Ladle it into hermetic, freezer secure containers and go away at the least one-inch of headspace to offer the soup room to increase within the freezer. It would preserve for as much as 3 months.
Reheat on the stovetop in a pot positioned over medium-low warmth till warmed via. Simply add the frozen soup straight to your pot and warmth till it’s prepared.
This creamy hen enchilada soup is stuffed with taste and good-for-you protein. Made with the right quantity of spice, hen breast and black beans, then topped with contemporary avocado slices and a dollop of bitter cream.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 giant yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 crimson bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen candy corn
- 15 oz. can fireplace roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can low sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 lb. hen breast
- 4 cups hen broth
- 8 oz. crimson enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- juice from 1 lime (2–3 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup contemporary cilantro, chopped
- Warmth a dutch oven or giant soup pot to medium excessive warmth.
- Add avocado oil to the pot together with onion, garlic and poblano. Saute for 3-4 minutes, till onions are translucent.
- Subsequent, add in chipotle pepper and crimson pepper. Stir and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add hen broth, enchilada sauce, candy corn, tomatoes, black beans and hen to the pot. Give it a fast stir and convey to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes till hen is cooked via.
- Take away hen from the pot and shred with two forks. Add hen again to the pan together with cream cheese, lime juice and cilantro. Cut back warmth to medium-low and cook dinner till cream cheese has melted.
- Serve. Optionally available toppings: cheese, avocado, diced crimson onion, bitter cream or greek yogurt.
Key phrases: chilis enchilada soup, winter soup recipe, creamy soup recipe
Extra Straightforward Soup Recipes to Strive
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->