This candy, wealthy, and creamy banana pudding recipe goes gentle on added sugars and massive on contemporary banana taste! Whip up this kid-friendly fruit dessert in below quarter-hour, then chill it for an after-dinner deal with.
For chocolate lovers, attempt our Thick and Creamy Chocolate Mousse.
Pudding is an underappreciated dessert. And that’s most likely as a result of after we consider pudding, a variety of us consider the moment form that is available in a field or a plastic cup: gelatinous, overly candy, with a lingering style of “pretend meals.”
Children may eat on the spot pudding and store-bought pudding cups, however there are such a lot of causes to share good, do-it-yourself pudding with them! Right here’s one you received’t need to miss.
This pudding is wealthy, creamy, super-fresh, and topped with actual contemporary bananas and whipped cream. And it takes simply minutes to make! Attempt it your self, and share the god stuff together with your children.
5 Causes to Love This Banana Pudding Recipe
- With simply 1/4 cup of added sugars within the full recipe, this dessert has much less sugar than most desserts.
- The pudding is completely scrumptious: candy, creamy, and so contemporary you’ll marvel why you ever purchased on the spot pudding.
- This pudding permits you to add an additional serving of fruit to your children’ day.
- It has no synthetic elements or flavorings.
- It’s fast and straightforward to make in your stove-top in lower than 10 minutes!
Ideas for Making Nice Banana Pudding
In case you’ve by no means made do-it-yourself pudding earlier than, you may not notice how insanely straightforward it’s to make. When you’ve got 10 minutes, you possibly can have this pudding chilling in your fridge. It’s that quick!
The essential course of goes like this: whisk the elements collectively in a saucepan, simmer till the combination thickens, then put the pudding in serving dishes and pop it within the fridge.
Listed here are a few particulars that assist you may have the perfect expertise making this banana pudding recipe:
- Add all of your elements to a saucepan on the identical time and whisk them collectively BEFORE heating. This retains your pudding tremendous smooth-and lump-free.
- As soon as the pudding begins to simmer, keep on the range and whisk it kind of regularly. You actually solely have to whisk like this for 3-4 minutes.
- Be careful for splatters! When the pudding is nearly carried out, the bubbles can begin to come out of the saucepan. In case your children are serving to, assist them steer clear.
- Chill the pudding for a pair hours and add bananas till simply earlier than serving. (In case you portion the pudding into particular person cups, it’ll chill quicker. If it’s in on huge serving bowl, it would take slightly longer.)
- Have enjoyable with presentation! You may layer the bananas and pudding like a parfait, high it with whipped cream, or perhaps a drizzle of melted chocolate.
Extra Wholesome Desserts Children Love
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 giant bananas for slicing
In a medium saucepan whisk collectively sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, vanilla, and egg yolks.
Cook dinner over medium warmth, whisking steadily. Cook dinner till bubbly and combination begins to thicken, about 6-8 minutes. Take away from warmth.
Switch the pudding right into a serving bowl or particular person cups. Chill to desired temperature, then place sliced bananas on high and serve instantly.
Energy: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 7g | Sodium: 205mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g