In case you love turkey meatloaf and enchiladas, you’ll love this Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf, a enjoyable twist on the weeknight traditional.
Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf
At my husband’s request, we make turkey meatloaf at dwelling no less than as soon as a month. I like getting artistic with it as a result of there are various methods to modify it up. This moist turkey meatloaf is studded with corn, black beans, and inexperienced chiles and topped with enchilada sauce, jalapeño, and cheese. Another wholesome meatloaf recipes you’ll love are this Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf or this Sheet Pan Turkey Meatloaf and Broccoli dish.
Binder to carry meatloaf collectively
To maintain turkey meatloaf from falling aside, you should use sufficient binders to maintain it collectively. I take advantage of a half-cup of fast oats and an egg for this recipe. You may also use breadcrumbs in there place.
What temperature ought to meatloaf be cooked at?
I prepare dinner turkey meatloaf at 350F levels for 55 to 60 minutes. One of the best ways to test that it’s cooked via is with a meat thermometer, which ought to learn 165 levels.
Facet dish concepts for turkey meatloaf
Listed below are some Latin-inspired aspect dish concepts to serve with this enchilada meatloaf:
Learn how to freeze:
Meatloaf lasts within the fridge for 3 to 4 days and is nice for freezing. For meal prep, you may make two – one to eat for dinner and one to freeze for later. It takes about the identical period of time to double the recipe, and the meatloaves can bake collectively.
To freeze, let the meatloaf cool and slice it. Then place the slices in a freezer- protected container with items of parchment paper in between in order that they don’t freeze collectively. Whenever you’re able to eat, pull out as many slices as wanted, thaw within the fridge in a single day, and reheat within the microwave.
Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf Variations:
- Meat: Swap floor turkey for lean floor beef.
- Enchilada Sauce: Make your enchilada sauce from scratch or purchase it premade to avoid wasting time. Leftover sauce is scrumptious on chicken-rice bowls, spaghetti squash, and naturally, enchiladas.
- Oats: Use an equal quantity of breadcrumbs as a substitute of oats. For a low- carb, grain-free choice, go along with almond meal.
- Beans: Sub pinto beans for black beans or omit should you’re not a fan.
- Herbs: In case you don’t like cilantro, skip it.
- Spiciness: If your loved ones doesn’t like spicy meals, omit the jalapeños on high.
Extra Meatloaf Recipes You’ll Love
Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf
In case you love turkey meatloaf and enchiladas, you may love this Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf, a enjoyable twist on the weeknight traditional.
- 1 1/2 kilos 93% floor turkey
- 1/2 cup fast oats, *test lables for gluten free
- 2 tablespoons delicate enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup corn kernels, recent or frozen
- 1/4 cup canned reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounce can delicate chopped inexperienced chili, drained effectively
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 giant egg, overwhelmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup delicate enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup Mexican cheese mix
- 1 jalapeño sliced skinny, elective
Preheat the oven 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl mix floor turkey, oats, 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce, scallions, corn, beans, inexperienced chiles, garlic, egg, salt, cumin and onion powder.
Mix all the pieces effectively utilizing clear palms, then form onto the sheet pan into an oval loaf flattened on high so you possibly can add the sauce and cheese later.
Bake 55 to 60 minutes, till cooked via.
Take away from oven and high with the remaining enchilada sauce, cheese, and, jalapeño.
Bake till the sauce is heated via and the cheese is melted, about 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired. To serve, switch to a slicing board and slice into 12 slices.
Serve with additional sauce if desired.
Serving: 2slices, Energy: 268kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 26g, Fats: 13g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 121mg, Sodium: 667.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g
Key phrases: floor turkey recipes, turkey meatloaf