Say whats up to our beautiful skinny margarita recipe that we prefer to name –> Match Foodie Margaritas!
Our signature skinny margarita recipe is made with 4 easy elements: lime juice, tequila, ice, and your alternative of honey or agave easy syrup!
Why make this Skinny Margarita?
Why not make these margs?! There’s nothing higher than a superbly sweetened citrussy margarita with a salty rim.
- Single-serve and pitcher possibility – we’re offering each a single-serve possibility and a pitcher margarita choice to serve a crowd!
- Refined sugar-free – our skinny margarita recipe is made with out refined sugars OR synthetic sweeteners.
- Naturally gluten-free – the elements in a margarita are naturally gluten-free. We’re additionally sharing a vegan possibility!
- Citrussy and refreshing – should you love citrus, you’ll fall head over heels for this drink.
What makes this a “skinny margarita?”
Oh the burning query, why is it even known as a thin margarita? Traditional margaritas are literally already made with minimal elements, so the largest factor with a “skinny margarita” is to chop the sugar depend and if attainable, make it sugar free!
Sugar free? Effectively, refined sugar free not less than! We’re large on all-natural sweeteners and try to keep away from the bizarre pretend sugar merchandise in any respect prices. That’s why you’ll nonetheless see a handful of grams of all-natural sugar in our recipe.
We determined to not use a low-calorie sweetener resembling stevia, as a result of in our trustworthy opinion, it actually takes away from the flavour and authenticity of the drink.
Really useful Kitchen Instruments
Skinny Margarita Substances
Each good margarita begins with recent, juicy limes. That’s proper, none of that pre-packaged lime juice, individuals. Use actual limes and squeeze them proper earlier than mixing!
There’s nothing worse than a hangover from dangerous tequila and that’s why what tequila you purchase issues! Spend a bit further dough on high-quality tequila…your hangover will thanks later.
Favourite tequila for margaritas:
Most margaritas (like our frozen marg) name for agave. On this recipe, nonetheless, we’re switching issues up with a honey easy syrup. Excellent news for you, you’ll be able to sub the honey for agave 1:1!
- Honey – a nuttier taste and extra pantry-friendly.
- Agave – extra conventional and vegan!
Each honey and agave carry across the identical quantity of energy and sugar. So, whichever one you resolve to go together with is okay!
However the place’s the triple sec? For years we’ve been making our Match Foodie Margarita sans triple sec. Triple sec is a candy liqueur that does embrace refined sugar, which is why we opted to not use it on this recipe.
itching for some orange?
Since basic margaritas are made with triple sec, an orange liquor, you could possibly add a splash of orange juice to this skinny margarita for a touch of orange.
Have you ever tried it?
Our favourite margarita recipe is made with basic elements: tequila, orange liqueur, recent lime juice, and agave.
We used the identical ratio of tequila to lime juice to easy syrup for each recipes. Right here’s the equation you want to know: 2 to 2 to 1
- 2-oz. tequila
- 2-oz. lime juice
- 1-oz. easy syrup
So, whether or not you need to serve 1, 2, or 8, simply use that 2 to 2 to 1 ratio!
The way to Make Pitcher Margs
As a result of why wouldn’t you need to mass-produce these margs? Within the recipe card beneath, you’ll see we’re giving a recipe for each pitcher margaritas and a single-serve marg.
Easy pitcher instructions: Merely, place 6 cups of ice into a big pitcher. Then, add in 16 oz. (or about 2 cups) of freshly squeezed lime juice, 16 oz. tequila, and eight oz. honey easy syrup. Use an extended wood spoon to combine till mixed.
don’t neglect to salt the rim!
Lastly, don’t neglect to salt your rim for a basic “margarita on the rocks.” Merely pour coarse sea salt onto a plate and faucet it just a few occasions to even it out. Then, dip the rim of your glass in water after which into the salt.
A thin margarita is product of high-quality tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar. Some recipes even have orange juice.
The explanation it’s known as a thin margarita is that there’s much less or no processed sugar. Most recipes are made with out orange liqueur, which provides sugar.
Most bars acknowledge the time period skinny margarita, so you’ll be able to merely simply order a thin margarita.
What to Serve with Skinny Margaritas
Earlier than we allow you to go we thought we’d provide you with some wholesome Mexican recipe inspo to finish your fiesta!
Honey Easy Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey (or agave nectar)*
- 16-oz. recent lime juice (~2 cups)
- 16-oz. high-quality tequila (~2 cups)
- 8-oz. honey easy syrup (complete recipe from above) (~1 cup)
- 6 cups ice
- 2-oz. recent lime juice
- 2-oz. high-quality tequila
- 1-oz. honey easy syrup
- optionally available: splash of orange juice
- First put together the honey easy syrup and add the water and honey to a small pot and convey to a boil over excessive warmth. Flip warmth to low and let simmer for 10 minutes (stirring periodically). Take away from warmth and let cool.
- For a pitcher of margaritas, fill a big pitcher with round 6 cups of ice. Then, place 16 fl. ounceslime juice, 16 fl. oz. tequila, and eight fl. oz. of honey easy syrup right into a pitcher. Use an extended wood spoon to combine to mix. Serve over ice with recent lime slices and a salty rim.
- For a single-serve margarita, place a handful of ice right into a cocktail shaker. Then, add 2 fl. oz. lime juice, 2 fl. oz. tequila, and 1 fl. oz. honey easy syrup. Place the highest on and shake to mix. Serve over ice with limes and a salty rim.
Suggestions & Notes
- Honey: choice to swap the honey for agave nectar. Each are nice decisions for this skinny margarita.
Serving Measurement: 1/10
Key phrases: skinny margarita, skinny margarita recipe