Lemon Butter Grilled Salmon is a wholesome, zesty seafood recipe that solely takes a minute to prep, and cooks in about half an hour! You’ll love this flavorful salmon recipe, seasoned with recent herbs, garlic, and inexperienced onions.
An Extremely-Straightforward Recipe for Salmon Cooked in Foil
On the subject of cooking fish, there’s no higher mixture than good-quality fillets, actual butter, recent lemon, and garlic. Speak about tempting! And, though you may really feel intimidated about cooking a complete salmon fillet, it doesn’t need to be troublesome. This simple foil packet cooking methodology takes all of the guesswork out of the method. Simply fireplace up the grill (or oven), and let the foil do the remainder!
Grilled lemon butter salmon is a wholesome dinner that’s a snap to make.
For this recipe, I exploit recent thyme, inexperienced onions, garlic, and lemon zest to taste the fish. Nonetheless, you can simply swap in different components that you simply get pleasure from: recent sprigs of dill, some minced shallot, lime as a substitute of lemon, or no matter you want! Dinner? Completed. ✅
What’s in This Salmon Recipe?
Glad you requested! Right here’s a full rundown of the components for grilled lemon butter salmon, intimately. It’s a quite simple recipe that’s well-balanced and nutritious, with a pungent chew from the garlic and inexperienced onions, plus the sunshine richness of butter and recent lemon.
- Salmon: I used a big, complete salmon fillet with the pores and skin on, however this recipe would additionally work with particular person fillets, pores and skin on or off. You’ll want 1.5 to 2 kilos, whole.
- Salt and Pepper: To style.
- Thyme: Finely chop some recent thyme leaves, or substitute dried thyme in the event you desire.
- Inexperienced Onions: The inexperienced onions needs to be thinly sliced, for sprinkling over the salmon fillet.
- Garlic: Mince or press some recent garlic. I don’t advocate utilizing powdered garlic on this recipe – the extraordinary, roasted taste of powdered garlic isn’t pretty much as good as vibrant, recent garlic cloves on this recipe.
- Lemon and Lemon Zest: Zest the lemon, after which slice it.
- Butter: Reduce the butter into skinny pats for scattering over the fish.
- Parsley: Chopped recent parsley makes a fairly non-obligatory garnish.
Let’s Get Grilling!
Now comes the enjoyable half! As soon as your components are gathered and prepped, it’s time to assemble the foil packet. Right here’s the method, step-by-step:
- Organize the Salmon on the Foil. Reduce a big piece of foil, about 20 inches sq.. You have to a large roll of foil to do that. Lay the salmon fillet on high of the foil, pores and skin aspect down, and sprinkle it generously with salt and pepper.
- Prime the Salmon. Sprinkle the highest of the salmon with the chopped thyme, inexperienced onions, and garlic, plus the lemon zest. Organize the lemon slices on high, adopted by the pats of butter.
- Seal and Relaxation. Fold the foil over the salmon. Then fold the sides of the foil over twice, to make a sealed packet. Let the packet relaxation on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- Grill the Sealed Packet. Whereas the fish is resting, preheat your grill to medium-high ( 375˚F to 425˚F). Subsequent, place the salmon packet on the grill, and canopy the grill. Let the salmon cook dinner for about 18 minutes.
- Grill the Opened Packet. Open up the foil packet (rigorously do that away out of your face, to keep away from getting burned by the steam). Shut the grill once more, and let the opened salmon packet cook dinner for five to eight extra minutes, or till the salmon is cooked by means of. Verify it for doneness utilizing an instant-read meat thermometer (the inner temperature ought to register at 145˚F).
- Get pleasure from! Let the grilled salmon relaxation for about 5 minutes earlier than garnishing with parsley and serving.
How Lengthy Ought to It Take to Grill Salmon?
That will depend on the thickness of the fillet, and the warmth of your grill. It additionally will depend on how shut the salmon is to the precise warmth supply. Generally, although, a salmon fillet takes about 25 minutes to grill on medium-high warmth.
Ideas for Success
Deliver out the perfect in your components with these simple ideas and variations. Making this grilled lemon butter salmon is so easy, and these useful strategies make it even easier!
- Oven Technique: To bake as a substitute of grill, preheat your oven to 375˚F. Bake the salmon packet for 15 to 18 minutes, after which open up the packet and proceed to bake for 10 extra minutes, or till inner temperature of the fish registers at 145˚F.
- Add Veggies: For those who’d wish to grill some greens when you’re grilling the fish, go for it! I like to recommend making separate veggie packets and utilizing tender summer season greens like zucchini, bell peppers, and inexperienced beans, which cook dinner rapidly. Season with salt and pepper, add just a little olive oil, and grill till accomplished! OR, simply make these Tacky Bacon Potato Foil Packets! 🍽
- Spice Issues Up: You possibly can go in all types of nice instructions with the seasoning on this recipe. Salmon performs properly with pan-Asian flavors, Cajun seasoning, and many different taste profiles – so be happy to vary it up!
- Parchment Paper: For those who would relatively not use foil in your packets, you should utilize parchment – however solely if you’re baking the fish within the oven. Parchment is prone to catch fireplace on an out of doors grill.
Straightforward Serving Concepts
To serve, I like to recommend making your favourite potato, pasta, or salad. On the subject of this balanced and flavorful salmon dish, nearly any aspect dish works superbly! Listed below are some simple choices to attempt:
- Baked Potatoes: A healthful baked potato is a basic alternative, and these Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are assured to be crispy and tender. They’re excellent with nearly any meal, and make a satisfying pair with lemon-butter salmon.
- Spaghetti Squash: Maintain issues low-carb and totally mouthwatering with this straightforward recipe for Creamy Spaghetti Squash. It’s a heat, alfredo-style dish that offers your meal a lift of veggies, fats, and protein.
- Chopped Salad: Juicy, summery chopped veggies are at their colourful finest on this simple, summery Chopped Egg, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad. This crowd-pleasing favourite makes a super-healthy lunch or dinner when paired with flavorful grilled salmon.
How one can Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
- Leftover salmon needs to be saved within the fridge, in hermetic containers, or in zip-top baggage. It can maintain for as much as three days.
- To reheat salmon, place it in a coated skillet over low warmth. Enable the salmon to warmth till it reaches a protected inner temperature (145˚F). You too can reheat salmon in a 350˚F oven till heated by means of.
Can I Freeze Salmon?
- Generally, I don’t advocate freezing cooked salmon – after thawing, the feel of the salmon might be mushy. Nonetheless, it’s going to nonetheless be fit for human consumption.
- So, if you wish to freeze your leftovers, simply place them in freezer baggage and freeze for as much as three months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Lemon Butter Grilled Salmon
You’ll love this Lemon Butter Grilled Salmon recipe, seasoned with recent herbs, garlic, and inexperienced onions.
Reduce out a big piece of foil, about 20″x20″.
Place the salmon on high of the foil, pores and skin aspect down.
Season with salt and pepper, and add recent thyme.
Sprinkle the highest of the salmon fillet with inexperienced onions and garlic, plus lemon zest.
Add lemon slices on high of the fillet, adopted with pats of butter.
Fold the foil over the salmon and seal it shut. Put aside for 10 minutes.
Within the meantime, preheat an out of doors grill to medium-high; about 375˚F to 425˚F.
Place the salmon packet on the grill; cowl the grill and cook dinner for about 18 minutes.
Rigorously open up the foil packet away out of your face.
Shut the grill and proceed to cook dinner for five to eight extra minutes, or till salmon is cooked by means of. Verify for doneness with an instant-read meat thermometer; salmon is cooked by means of when inner temperature registers at 145˚F.
Take away salmon from the grill and let stand about 5 minutes.
Garnish with parsley.
Reduce and serve.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Prepare dinner for quarter-hour.
- Open up the packet and proceed to cook dinner for 8 to 10 extra minutes, or till inner temperature registers at 145˚F.
Lemon Butter Grilled Salmon
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 135
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 6g30%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 3g
Monounsaturated Fats 4g
Ldl cholesterol 82mg27%
Vitamin A 379IU8%
Vitamin C 13mg16%
* % Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in keeping with the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.
Key phrases: foil packet salmon, grilled salmon in foil, cook dinner salmon, keto salmon, low carb dinner concepts