Our Home made Protein Bars are made with oats, peanut butter and a drizzle of chocolate.. they’re straightforward to make and are a scrumptious, wholesome, and satisfying snack which may simply develop into a favourite for the entire household!
Why You’re Going to Love our Home made Protein Bars
There are numerous respectable protein bars accessible in the marketplace at the moment. However they are often costly, and I like having management over the elements that I’m feeding my household. Plus- making your individual protein bars is very easy! Not solely that, however we’ve got tried a LOT of various protein bars through the years.. and these are arms down our favourite. We preserve a batch within the fridge always. They’re good for an after college or on-the-go snack earlier than sports activities apply.
You solely want a handful of elements to make these tasty little bars. The chocolate drizzle makes them far more interesting to my kiddos, however they’re additionally scrumptious with out it. Customise them nonetheless you want! I used peanut butter for my bars, however you should utilize no matter nut butter you’ve gotten in the home or no matter works for your loved ones’s allergy symptoms.
Elements for Home made Protein Bars:
- Oats– We use common rolled oats. Oats are filling, nutrient-dense, and an awesome supply of fiber.
- Vanilla Protein Powder– Protein powder is a good, straightforward manner so as to add protein to do-it-yourself protein bars. We like this one.
- Crisp Rice Cereal– provides nice texture to the bars. Puffed rice works nice too!
- Peanut Butter– peanut butter is important for binding these bars collectively. Any nut butter will work right here!
- Honey– that is our favourite sweetener for these bars. We haven’t tried every other, however I’m certain pure maple syrup would make substitute.
- Vanilla Extract– completely optionally available, however boosts the yummy vanilla taste.
- Coconut Oil– coconut oil provides nice taste and texture and helps maintain the bars collectively.
- Chocolate Chips– we at all times use darkish or semi-sweet chocolate.
How one can Make Home made Protein Bars
- Put the oats in a blender or meals processor. Mix till it resembles a rough flour.
- Add the oats to a bowl together with the protein powder and crispy rice; stir to mix.
- Warmth the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-low warmth till mixed. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the peanut butter combination over the oat combination. Stir.
- Press the combination firmly right into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Soften the chocolate; drizzle over the bars.
- Chill within the fridge for at the very least half-hour earlier than reducing into bars.
- Retailer within the fridge.
I’ve two suggestions for this recipe… ONE: If the combination appears somewhat dry, add in somewhat extra of your nut butter. Every nut butter has a unique moisture stage so chances are you’ll want so as to add a tablespoon additional to maintain the bars from crumbling aside. TWO: Press the bars into the pan firmly! That is what retains them collectively so pack them down. You don’t should be Iron Man, however be sure to don’t simply give it a pat and transfer on. Even let the kiddos assist!
If the combination appears somewhat dry, add in somewhat extra of your nut butter. Every nut butter has a unique moisture stage so chances are you’ll want so as to add a tablespoon additional to maintain the bars from crumbling aside.
Press the bars into the pan firmly! That is what retains them collectively so pack them down. You don’t should be Iron Man, however be sure to don’t simply give it a pat and transfer on. Even let the kiddos assist!
You’ll be able to lower these into any form you need. The loaf pan makes good sized bars for youths! However the little squares are good for the youthful ones.
How one can Retailer Home made Protein Bars:
It would be best to retailer these protein bars in an hermetic container within the fridge to keep up freshness, maintain their form, and keep good and chewy. They are going to keep recent for about one month.. in the event that they final that lengthy!
Extra Wholesome Snack Recipes for Children:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoon chocolate chips melted
Line and eight×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Put aside.
Add oats to a excessive velocity blender and mix till the oats have was flour.
In a big bowl, add oat flour, protein powder and crispy rice cereal.
In a small saucepan add peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. Soften collectively over medium/low warmth and stir till mixed, then add vanilla extract.
Pour peanut butter/honey into dry elements and stir. Pour combination into your ready pan and press firmly into the underside till unfold evenly.
Soften chocolate chips within the microwave. If the chocolate is simply too thick to drizzle, you’ll be able to add 1 tsp of melted coconut oil to skinny it out. Drizzle on prime of your bars.
Let cool in fridge for at the very least 25 minutes after which lower into bars or squares! Retailer within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 2 weeks.
Energy: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover a lot of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and develop into intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie