This simple, no-bake hummus pizza with Greek tapenade is an excellent tasty lunch, appetizer, or snack recipe that kiddos and adults alike will love!
Are you in search of one thing new to serve for lunch? I do know with my boys, we prefer to skip the standard sandwich and attain for one thing totally different and scrumptious, like this Hummus Pizza with Greek Tapenade. Nice for lunch, an appetizer, snack, or perhaps a low-key dinner, it’ll be a success with the entire household.
For the pizza:
- Pita: A flatbread frequent within the Mediterranean and Center East, it may be eaten flat, or cut up open and stuffed.
- Hummus: A Center Jap dish constituted of chickpeas, it’s wealthy, creamy, and has a scrumptious umami taste.
For the Greek Tapenade:
- Roma tomatoes: Slender and extra agency than different tomatoes, it’s good for salsas, tapenades, and different toppings.
- Purple onion: Delicate sufficient to eat uncooked, however sharp sufficient so as to add vibrant taste.
- Kalamata olives: A lot milder in taste than black olives, they are typically a bit fruity and candy in taste.
- Feta cheese: Created from goat’s milk, it’s a smooth, crumbly cheese nice for topping dishes and salads.
- Parsley: A contemporary herb with a vibrant, clear, barely peppery style.
- Lemon juice: Vibrant, contemporary, acidic taste that rounds out the tapenade.
- Olive oil: The binding oil that brings all of it collectively.
The way to Make Hummus Pizza with Greek Tapenade
Begin your Hummus Pizza with Greek Tapenade by making the tapenade! Cube some Kalamata olives, Roma tomatoes, and pink onions.
Then put the tomatoes, olives, and onions in a medium or massive bowl.
Add and crumble the feta cheese into the bowl.
Then add freshly chopped parsley, the lemon juice, and olive oil. Stir all of it collectively, and season with salt and pepper to style.
Subsequent, warmth your pita over the open flame of your range (or in a pan if that’s extra your type).
To assemble your pizza, first unfold hummus evenly over the pita bread.
Then high the hummus evenly with the Greek tapenade.
Garnish with extra contemporary parsley and a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts.
Use a pizza cutter to chop into slices, serve, and luxuriate in your Hummus Pizza with Greek Tapenade.
- If olives aren’t your factor. Whereas tapenade is often outlined by the olives, you’ll be able to substitute them with one other veggie, like peppers.
- Make it gluten free. Use gluten-free pita bread or a cauliflower crust.
- Take away the dairy. Take out the feta cheese, or substitute it with tofu stored in a salty brine.
Incessantly Requested Questions:
Is flatbread and pita the identical factor?
Pita is a type of flatbread. Whereas all pita are flatbread, not all flatbread is pita.
What else are you able to make with pita?
Can I make this recipe forward of time?
The hummus and tapenade can each be made forward, and saved within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as per week. However I like to recommend consuming the pizza as soon as assembled in a single sitting.
Extra Mediterranean Recipes
Did you do this dish and like it? The following time you make it, snap an image and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we are able to admire and share your meal.
This Hummus Pizza with Greek Tapenade has change into a go-to, simple lunch or snack in my home. Particularly for the reason that hummus and tapenade may be made forward and stored within the fridge, my children could make it themselves! For those who’re trying to attempt one thing new, this recipe is for you.
No fork required.
Hummus Pizza with Greek Tapenade
This simple, no-bake hummus pizza recipe is an excellent tasty lunch, appetizer or snack recipe that kiddos and adults alike will love!
- 2 roma tomatoes (seeded and minced)
- ⅓ cup pink onion (minced)
- ¼ cup kalamata olives (minced)
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup parsley (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (to style)
Serving: 2itemsEnergy: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 11gFats: 17gSaturated Fats: 6gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 25mgSodium: 747mgPotassium: 286mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 744IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 2mg