These Inexperienced Curry Rooster Meatballs are the last word flavorful meal-prep recipe. They’re high-protein, low-carb, and full of fantastic Thai-inspired curry taste!
Inexperienced Curry Rooster Meatballs
Love meatballs? Us too. These inexperienced curry rooster meatballs have a lot taste, are simmered in a scrumptious inexperienced curry sauce (that is very easy to make btw), and are good for a simple weeknight meal.
issues we love about this recipe
Listed here are a couple of causes we love this recipe a lot.
- No have to activate the oven!
- These rooster meatballs are excessive in protein and veggies.
- They’re good for meal prep.
- The inexperienced curry simmer sauce is so flavorful.
- There are such a lot of methods to serve these meatballs.
- Floor rooster: these meatballs are made with floor rooster so they’re a bit leaner.
- Candy potatoes: shredded candy potatoes are the “secret” ingredient on this recipe. It provides moisture and a binding agent to the meatballs.
- Oats and flour: each oats and flour are a binder and a fill for the meatballs. You want them for this recipes.
- Spices: we do a scrumptious mixture of spices within the meatballs to taste the meat and praise the inexperienced curry sauce.
- Coconut milk: the curry we use for this recipe has a coconut base and that comes from the coconut milk. It’s creamy and pairs completely with the meatballs and spices.
- Thai curry paste: it is a Thai-inspired dish. We use a Thai inexperienced curry paste that’s generally discovered within the grocery retailer.
- Veggies: we made this a well-rounded meal by simmering peppers and onions within the curry sauce together with the meatballs.
Have to make some recipe swaps? No downside. Under are some frequent recipe swaps for this recipe.
Floor rooster —> floor turkey, floor pork, floor beef or a mixture
White complete wheat flour—> all-purpose flour
Thai inexperienced curry paste—> Thai pink curry paste
- Make rooster meatballs. Add the bottom rooster, oats, flour, grated candy potatoes, spices, and olive oil in a bowl and gently combine the substances collectively till mixed. Use a tablespoon scoop to scoop the rooster meatballs into balls and roll them into meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs. Warmth a big cast-iron skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add olive oil. When the oil is sizzling brown the meatballs on all sides. Be sure you solely brown the rooster meatballs on the skin and be certain to not totally prepare dinner them. They are going to proceed to prepare dinner later. Take away the meatballs from the pan.
- Make the curry sauce. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, dragon sauce, salt, and pepper to a bowl and whisk the substances collectively.
- Sauté greens. Depart any brown bits within the backside of the pan and add the final of the olive oil. Sauté the greens for 2-3 minutes.
- Simmer substances collectively. Add the curry sauce to the greens and produce the sauce to a boil. Add the rooster meatballs and simmer the rooster meatballs within the sauce till they’re totally cooked.
- Serve. When the meatballs are totally cooked, serve the rooster meatballs, veggies, and inexperienced curry sauce over rice.
Serve this with Rooster Meatballs
You possibly can eat these inexperienced curry rooster meatballs all on their very own or serve it over rice, quinoa, or no matter your coronary heart needs. Under are our prime suggestions.
Rooster Meatball FAQ
The gorgeous factor about meatballs is that you would be able to actually make them your individual. We added moisture to those rooster meatballs by including candy potatoes, (sure, candy potatoes). Baked rooster can typically dry up and the moisture from the grated candy potatoes helped maintain the rooster.
Add fats. Be certain to decide on meat that has some fats! The fats melts and breaks down within the meatball which provides a ton of scrumptious taste and moisture.
Be mild. Once you roll meatballs, strive to not pack the meat so tight. Depart room within the meatball for the substances to increase and breath.
Eggs are used as a bind for meatballs. In case you don’t need to use eggs, strive a flax egg, a chia seed egg, or like on this rooster meatball recipe, the shredded candy potato acted as a bind for the meatball!
It relies on what sort of meatballs you make. These inexperienced curry candy potato rooster meatballs are scrumptious by themselves or served over rice, quinoa, or rice noodles.
To retailer this meal, let the rooster and curry sauce cool fully earlier than putting it in an air-tight container. Retailer it within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Be sure you retailer this meal individually from any grain (rice, quinoa, and many others.).
For the Meatballs
- 1 pound floor rooster
- 1/4 cup quaint rolled oats gluten free if desired
- 1/4 cup white complete wheat or gluten free oat flour
- 1 small candy potato grated (~1/2 cup, squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon floor ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon floor turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 small pink onion sliced
- 1 pink bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 tablespoons inexperienced curry paste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice ~1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon inexperienced dragon or sizzling sauce
- Salt to style
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a big bowl, combine collectively all substances for the meatballs (aside from olive oil).
Warmth a big, oven protected skillet over medium warmth and add olive oil to the pan. Then, utilizing a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out combination and mildew right into a ball together with your palms. It really works greatest in case your palms are barely moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (you don’t need them to be totally cooked). Take away from warmth. Set meatballs apart.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, dragon sauce, and salt and pepper. Put aside.
Warmth olive oil in the identical skillet you used for the meatballs. Add pink onion, pink pepper and snow peas. Sauté greens for two minutes. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Deliver to a boil.
Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they’re sitting within the curry combination. Place within the oven and bake at 375ºF for quarter-hour.
Energy: 364kcal Carbohydrates: 18g Protein: 17g Fats: 25g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g
Pictures: images taken on this publish are by Erin from The Wood Skillet.