When unsure, make this 5-ingredient pork chop marinade to infuse your pork with candy, salty, and garlicky goodness!
Significantly Yummy Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
This pork chop marinade is nice from brown sugar, salty from soy sauce, and savory from Worcestershire sauce. It’s all pulled along with a bit citrus and garlic to make this one scrumptious pork chop marinade!
What’s a marinade?
A marinade is actually a taste tub to your meat/meals. When marinating pork, the longer it sits within the marinade, the extra the flavour is infused into the meat.
Why marinate your pork chops over dry rub?
Whereas this actually comes all the way down to desire, we love marinating pork chops as a result of the top result’s simply so flavorful, tender, and juicy. Plus, your complete piece of meat will get infused, not simply the outer layer like with dry rubs.
PS: in the event you’d fairly use a dry rub, try our all-purpose pork dry rub. It’s unbelievable on pork chops!
Elements for Pork Chop Marinade
This actually is the very best pork chop marinade. It’s really additionally our favourite grilled pork chop marinade as a result of the ends outcomes are simply mouthwatering!
- Soy sauce: you’ll discover that salt just isn’t included within the ingredient checklist and that’s as a result of the bulk comes from soy sauce! Be at liberty to swap for tamari.
- Brown sugar: brown sugar provides this candy and salty marinade the sweetness. Any sort works.
- Worcestershire sauce: I really like Worcestershire sauce in marinades as a result of it’s tangy and savory.
- Garlic: the garlic on this actually pulls the marinade collectively.
- Lemon: a bit little bit of citrus is really the cherry on high!
What’s the secret ingredient to this pork chop marinade? Worcestershire sauce is certainly the key ingredient. It provides a little bit of tang, savoriness, and a lot taste.
Different flavors so as to add
Trying to make use of what you could have available? Be at liberty to make use of a bit black pepper, dijon mustard, honey, extra-virgin olive oil, or balsamic vinegar. All would add scrumptious flavors.
Any form of contemporary herbs similar to rosemary, thyme, or basil can be a scrumptious addition too!
What sort of pork chops ought to I purchase?
There are such a lot of completely different sorts of pork chops in the marketplace –> thick, skinny, bone-in, boneless.
This pork chop marinade works for any minimize of pork.
Within the pictures on this put up, we used thick-cut bone-in pork chops that we obtained straight from the butcher at an area grocery retailer.
What to Marinate Pork Chops In
When marinating any form of meat, we usually use 2 completely different vessels:
- Casserole dish: in the event you use a casserole dish, we suggest flipping your pork chops a couple of instances to ensure every little thing is sweet and coated. You cal additionally use any form of deep pan you could have available.
- Gallon-size plastic bag: I desire to make use of a plastic bag as a result of I discover that extra of the meat will get coated.
How lengthy to marinate pork chops?
In relation to this simple pork chop marinade, the longer the higher in reference to marination time!
We suggest marinating your pork chops for 12-24 hours. Nevertheless, in the event you’re brief on time, anyplace from 2-4 hours will work.
Belief us after we say the longer the higher. Your pork chops will develop into so juicy and flavorful the longer they sit,
Methods to Marinate Pork Chops (Fast Directions)
- Whisk Marinade: whisk the entire components for the pork chop marinade in a medium bowl till mixed,
- Switch: place pork chops right into a gallon-size plastic bag or giant dish and pour the marinade on high. Squish the pork chops round to completely coat.
- Seal: take away as a lot air as doable and seal.
- Marinate: marinate pork chops within the fridge for not less than 2-4 hours or as much as 24 hours.
Methods to Prepare dinner Marinated Pork Chops
I discussed that this can be a unbelievable grilled pork chop marinade, but it surely’s additionally nice for a wide range of different cooking strategies too.
Grill: Grill pork chops at 400ºF (medium excessive warmth) over direct warmth for round 6-8 minutes per facet or till totally cooked. Take a look at our grilled pork chops recipe.
Oven: Roast at 375ºF for round 15-20 minutes, relying on how thick your pork chops are. Take a look at our oven-baked pork chops recipe.
Instantaneous Pot: Strain cook dinner pork chops on excessive stress for round 10 minutes. Take a look at our Instantaneous Pot pork chops recipe.
Pork Inner Temperature
In line with FoodSaftey.gov, pork’s protected minimal inside temperature is not less than 145ºF.
The easiest way to tenderize a pork chop is both by utilizing a meat tenderize to interrupt up the tendons and/or by utilizing a marinade to infuse moisture into the meat.
You possibly can let your pork chops marinate for as much as 24 hours.
The easiest way to make a pork chop smooth and tender is to marinate it, sear it over excessive warmth, and let it relaxation for five minutes earlier than serving.
Are you able to freeze marinated pork chops?
This pork chop marinade is severely so excellent for freezing! As an alternative of marinating your pork for the really helpful 12-24 hours, place the plastic bag proper into the freezer. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Earlier than cooking, let the pork chops thaw fully after which comply with your favourite cooking methodology.
- 2-lb.1-inch thick, bone-in pork chops (we used 4)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mild brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced (2 tablespoons)
- Add the soy sauce, mild brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and lemon juice right into a bowl and whisk till the sugar dissolves.
- Place the pork chops into a big, gallon-size plastic bag after which pour the marinade into the bag.
- Take away the air from the plastic bag and thoroughly therapeutic massage the marinade into the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops into the fridge and marinate for 12-24 hours or for not less than 2-4 hours.
- If you’re able to cook dinner your pork chops, comply with your favourite cooking methodology similar to these grilled pork chops.
Serving Measurement: 1/4
Key phrases: pork chop marinade, greatest pork chop marinade
Images: pictures taken on this put up are by Erin from The Wood Skillet.