In the event you love lobster bisque, you’ll love this lighter, more healthy model made with no cream, it’s creamy from pureeing the vegetable base.
Lighter Lobster Bisque
Most conventional Lobster Bisque recipes name for heavy cream, and I feel you’ll be pleasantly stunned how nice it tastes with out all of the cream. Pureeing the soup earlier than including the lobster meat makes it thicker, leading to a a lot lighter but simply as scrumptious bisque. If you wish to drizzle a bit cream in on the very finish, it will be simply sufficient. Extra lobster recipes you’ll love, these Lobster Rolls and the Lobster Jalapeño Empanadas are delish! Or try my air fryer lobster video on tiktok!
Lobster bisque is a thick, creamy French soup made with contemporary lobster. The shells are used to make the inventory, and the meat is added on the finish. To make it simpler, I take advantage of store-bought seafood broth, which is way much less time-consuming. You can even use both contemporary or frozen lobster. Professional-tip: frozen lobster tails work nice right here they usually go on sale on a regular basis, so test your round!
How do you get uncooked lobster meat out of tail?
- Flip the lobster tail over and minimize the shell off with kitchen shears. The underside of the shell is softer than the highest half, which makes slicing simpler.
- Crack open the shell after which pull out the lobster meat.
This YouTube video is useful should you’re extra of a visible learner.
Find out how to make lobster bisque
- Sauté the mirepoix (onions, carrots, and celery) for six minutes till tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in garlic and tomato paste for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and prepare dinner for a minute.
- Add the seafood inventory, wine, bay leaf, and thyme, cut back the warmth, and simmer for half-hour till the liquid reduces.
- Take away the bay leaf and thyme and mix till easy.
- Flip the warmth to medium-low, add the lobster meat, and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes simply till the tails are cooked by way of.
I like to recommend serving this with a facet salad and a slice of crusty bread to take in the broth. You possibly can additionally pair it with some roasted veggies.
Extra lobster recipes you’ll love:
In the event you love lobster bisque, you may love this lighter, more healthy model made with no cream, it is creamy from pureeing the vegetable base.
- 4 4 oz lobster tails, thawed if frozen and faraway from shell
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to style
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 5 cups seafood or fish inventory
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs contemporary thyme
- chopped chives, for garnish
Over medium warmth, warmth butter in a big pot.
Add onion, carrots and celery. Prepare dinner for six to 7 minutes, or till tender.
Add salt and pepper to style and stir in garlic and tomato paste. Prepare dinner for two minutes or till tomato paste covers the greens.
Sprinkle flour on prime and prepare dinner for 1 minute.
Add seafood inventory and wine. Stir in with bay leaf and thyme.
Cut back warmth and let combination simmer till liquid is decreased and flavors mix.
Stir often and let simmer for half-hour.
Take away bay leaf and thyme then puree in a blender till easy, in batches as wanted.
Convey warmth again to medium-low. Add the lobster tails. Prepare dinner for 3 to five minutes or till cooked by way of.
Garnish with chives and serve instantly.
Serving: 1cup, plus lobster, Energy: 203kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 14g, Fats: 6g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 852mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 7g