MANILA, Philippines — A magnitude 5.2 earthquake shook the waters off Surigao del Sur on Tuesday night, in line with the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
The epicenter of the quake was positioned 37 km northeast off the coast of Lingig, Surigao del Sur.
It was tectonic in origin and was recorded at 9:20 p.m. with a depth of focus of 64 km.
The next intensities have been felt in these areas:
- Depth V – Lingig and Bislig Metropolis in Surigao del Sur
- Depth IV – Lianga and Hinatuan in Surigao del Sur
- Depth III – Monkayo, Nabunturan, New Bataan, Laak, Compostella Valley, and Montevista in Davao de Oro
- Depth II – Maco, Mawab, and Pantukan in Davao de Oro
- Intenisty I – Cagwait in Surigao del Sur and Bayugan in Agusan del Sur
In the meantime, instrumental intensities have been recorded within the following:
- Depth III – Nabunturan in Davao de Oro and Bislig Metropolis in Surigao del Sur
- Depth II – Santo Niño in South Cotabato
- Depth I – Tandag Metropolis in Surigao del Sur
No harm was reported, Phivolcs stated aftershocks needs to be anticipated.
Magnitude 4.4 earthquake hits Surigao del Sur
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get entry to The Philippine Every day Inquirer & different 70+ titles, share as much as 5 devices, hearken to the information, obtain as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Name 896 6000.
For suggestions, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.