Grilled Corn Salad is impressed by Mexican road corn (elote) made with chili-lime seasoning and cotija cheese, made lighter with no mayo.
Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija
If you happen to want some simple aspect dishes to make this summer season, you’ll love this Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija. It’s impressed by elote, Mexican corn on the cob coated in mayo and topped with chili powder, lime juice, and cheese. For this Mexican road corn salad, I take the corn off the cob, skip the mayonnaise, and blend every part collectively for a lightweight summer season aspect dish. This dish is nice with air fryer salmon, grilled hen, shrimp, fish, rice, and many others., making it the right aspect for any summer season BBQ. If you happen to favor Mediterranean flavors, you may like this Grilled Corn Salad with Feta and Mint or do that Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes.
Substances to make grilled corn salad:
This wholesome Mexican corn salad makes use of all of the components of elote however with out the mayo.
- Corn on the cob – grill peeled corn immediately on the grill for a charred, smokey taste that elevates this salad. If you wish to use frozen, that might be nice.
- Scallions – any onion works right here however I like scallions on this salad. You can too use purple onion, or chives.
- Cotija cheese – cotija is usually used on elote, you too can use crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese for those who favor.
- Cilantro – for freshness, though for those who detest the flavour you should use chives on their place.
- Chili-lime seasoning – like Tajin or Dealer Joe’s The whole lot However The Elote Seasoning
- Lime wedges, for serving which get squeezed over the salad for tang and acid.
Are you able to grill corn upfront for corn salad?
Sure, you may prep your corn upfront. You’ll be able to husk, grill, and take away the kernels from the cob the day earlier than making the salad.
The way to Grill Corn for Salad
- To grill the corn for this salad, begin by eradicating the husks and heating your grill to medium-high.
- Then grill the corn for 10 to 12 minutes, turning the cobs so that each one sides contact the grill.
- As soon as they’re charred in spots, take away the corn from the grill to chill.
If you happen to don’t have a grill, you may prepare dinner your corn in a skillet on the range utilizing the identical methodology.
The way to Make Corn Salad
- After the corn has been grilled and has cooled, take away the kernels from the cob. The simplest method is to face the cob up in a big bowl and use a pointy knife to slice the kernels off.
- Add the scallions and cotija to the bowl with the corn and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir within the Tajin, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with with extra Tajin sprinkled on high and lime wedges, if desired. Leftovers will final within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Cheese – Sub queso fresco or feta for cotija.
- No grill, no downside! You should use a grill pan for those who don’t have a grill. If you happen to’re making this salad when corn isn’t in season, you should use frozen corn.
- Onions – Swap scallions or chives for purple onion.
- Add ons: Add diced avocado, tomato, canned black beans or chopped jalapeno, for spice.
Extra Summer season Corn Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija
Grilled Corn Salad is impressed by Mexican road corn (elote) and made with chili- lime seasoning, scallions, and cotija cheese with no mayo.
- 6 massive or 7 medium ears of corn, 6 cups
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup queso Cotija, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Tajin, Chili Lime Seasoning or Dealer Joes The whole lot However the Elote seasoning, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- lime wedges, non-obligatory for serving
Set the grill to medium-high. Husk the corn.
Grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning typically, till charred in spots. Switch to a slicing board and put aside to chill.
Minimize the kernels off the cobb. Put the corn, scallions and cotija cheese in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss.
Add the tajin (chili lime seasoning), cilantro and toss once more. Style for salt and pepper and alter as wanted.
Serve topped with extra chili lime seasoning and recent lime wedges if desired.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Energy: 117kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 4g, Fats: 6.5g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 7.5mg, Sodium: 211mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 4g
Key phrases: BBQ Summer season Sides, elote salad, Grilled Corn Salad, mexican road corn salad