Printed on Might 5, 2016
It’s Nationwide Small Enterprise Week. As we acknowledge and rejoice the contributions small companies make — like job creation, innovation, and world competitiveness — it’s essential to consider well being care choices.
For those who’re the proprietor of a enterprise with fewer than 50 full-time equal staff, you’ve decisions that may make insurance coverage extra reasonably priced, versatile, and simple to enroll in.
The Small Enterprise Well being Choices Program may help
The Small Enterprise Well being Choices Program (also called SHOP) may help your small enterprise provide high quality medical health insurance that meets your staff’ wants and stays inside finances.
5 advantages of SHOP
- Entry to tax credit: Shopping for protection by way of the SHOP Market is the one approach so that you can reap the benefits of the Small Enterprise Well being Care Tax Credit score. The smallest employers can save 50% of the price of their premiums.
- Management over prices: The SHOP Market allows you to determine up entrance how a lot to contribute to premiums. Plans can’t cost larger premiums due to larger medical prices or pre-existing situations.
- 12 months-round enrollment: You usually can join protection any month of the 12 months. So it’s straightforward to supply staff insurance coverage when it’s proper for the enterprise.
- Versatile protection choices: There’s a wide range of plans out there. You may let your staff select amongst a number of (in the event that they wish to) so staff can choose a plan that‘s proper for them.
- Help: Get in-person help from brokers and brokers or skilled navigators. They may help make the shopping for course of even less complicated. You can even contact the SHOP Name Heart at 1-800-706-7893 (TTY: 711) weekdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.