Trek Segafredo’s Elisa Longo Borghini added to her classics legacy with a counterattack on the Templeuve secteur of cobblestones to take sole management of Paris-Roubaix. The Italian champion was among the many group that had simply reeled in a trio of Marta Bastianelli, Lotte Kopecky and Lucinda Model, and launched previous the previous leaders, utilizing a affected person, regular tempo and the work of her teammates Model and Ellen van Dijk to regulate the hole and slowly get away. She solely briefly held a lead of over 40 seconds because the peloton led by SD Works Kopecky and Chantal Van Den Broek-Blaak tried desperately to prepare a chase, however simply as hardly ever did the chasers get nearer than 30 seconds, even when Longo Borghini wobbled across the first nook of the Carrefour de l’Arbe secteur. Kopecky beat Model within the velodrome dash for second place.
Longo Borghini, nonetheless solely 30, can add one other main occasion to her rising palmares. As a former winner of the Ronde van Vlaanderen, she joins the winner of the inaugural Paris-Roubaix Femmes, Lizzie Deignan, as victors of each cobbled Monuments. Within the final year-plus alone, Longo Borghini has received the Trofeo Binda and GP Plouay classics, whereas simply lacking out at Liège-Bastogne-Liège in a dash end the place she took third. Her win additionally extends the excellence of her Trek-Segafredo group, which has helped Elisa Balsamo, the present world champion (who was disqualified right now for too lengthy of a bottle seize) take wins at Gent-Wevelgem, Brugge-De Panne and Trofeo Binda.
- Elisa Longo Borghini Trek-Segafredo, 3:10:54
- Lotte Kopecky Crew SD Worx, + 23
- Lucinda Model Trek-Segafredo, + 23
- Elise Chabbey CANYON//SRAM Racing, + 23
- Marta Cavalli FDJ-Nouvelle Aquitaine-Futuroscope + 23
- Floortje Mackaij Crew DSM, + 23
- Ellen Van Dijk Trek-Segafredo, + 23
- Chantal van den Broek-Blaak Crew SD Worx, + 32
- Pfeiffer Georgi Crew DSM, + 2:22
- Sandra Alonso Dominguez Ceratizit-WNT Professional Biking, + 2:22
- Emma Norsgaard Movistar Crew, + 2:22
- Grace Brown FDJ-Nouvelle Aquitaine-Futuroscope, + 2:22
- Alison Jackson Liv Racing Xstra, + 2:54
- Teuntje Beekhuis Crew Jumbo-Visma, + 2:54
- Marta Bastianelli UAE Crew ADQ, + 2:54
- Tiffany Cromwell CANYON//SRAM Racing, + 2:54
- Victoire Berteau Cofidis Girls Crew, + 2:54
- Femke Markus Parkhotel Valkenburg, + 2:54
- Romy Kasper Crew Jumbo-Visma, + 2:54
- Alana Castrique Cofidis Girls Crew+ 2:56
Denain – Roubaix 124.7 km
Second version of Roubaix for the ladies. Identical course mainly however higher climate and longer stay protection. Goody goody!
Anticipated end: 15:40 – 16:05 CEST
Queen of the classics: Ellen van Dijk
I’m a bit involved she might have handed her greatest kind as a result of that is the race she deserves to have on her palmares and her window of alternative is closing.
4 star favorites: Chantal van den Broek-Blaak Lotte Kopecky, Emma Norsgaard