With a mouth-watering base of peanut noodles, this fast and simple Asian Pork Stir Fry recipe is right here to be your dinnertime BFF. It’s the proper 30-minute meal for busy weeknights and makes stir fry leftovers you’ll look ahead to the following day.
Are you a leftover individual? As a result of I’m!
Maybe it simply comes with the territory of being a meals blogger, however I’ll all the time vote for lunch leftovers over a chilly ham and cheese sandwich any day.
This fast and simple pork stir fry is my newest leftover obsession (as is that this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe).
It’s straightforward to pack, might be reheated in a microwave, and can hold you full all afternoon.
Currently, our meal routine has been to take pleasure in this pork stir fry with greens on Sunday for dinner (these Stir Fry Noodles have additionally been within the latest rotation), then take pleasure in the remainder for for lunches for the primary a part of the week. It’s a very good system.
Along with being a leftover delight, this stir fry is a weeknight 30-minute meal winner.
- Frozen veggies hold the prep quick—hooray for minimal chopping.
- Lean pork tenderloin cooks rapidly (and is wholesome too).
- The sauce boasts complicated taste from easy elements like peanut butter, hoisin sauce, and trusty soy sauce (in case you love the combo, don’t miss the Kung Pao Vegetable Stir Fry in my cookbook).
5 Star Overview
“Greatest recipe I’ve ever made! My expectations had been excessive based mostly on this text, however the taste nonetheless managed to exceed expectations!”
— Samantha —
How one can Make Pork Stir Fry
With tender pork (no in a single day marinade required), crisp stir-fried greens, and oodles of noodles bathed in a wealthy, but wholesome, flavor-packed sauce that is one Chinese language pork stir fry recipe that may have you ever preventing for the leftovers.
(Ease the leftover pressure with a batch of this Crockpot Cashew Hen for backup.)
- Pork Tenderloin. This lean lower of pork is the BEST for stir fry (and Pork Fried Rice). Not solely is it low in fats, but it surely cooks rapidly which is all the time a bonus when making a stir fry recipe.
Don’t overcook your pork. As a result of pork tenderloin is so lean it may possibly additionally simply dry out. As quickly as it’s cooked by means of, transfer together with the recipe.
- Noodles. I take pleasure in utilizing whole-wheat spaghetti or linguine for this recipe for the added enhance of B nutritional vitamins, fiber, and iron. Nonetheless, conventional rice noodles are additionally delish. If you will discover soba noodles (that are Japanese and made with buckwheat flour) these are delicious right here too.
- Hoisin Sauce. This candy, salty, sticky sauce is a staple in Chinese language and Cantonese cooking and provides quick wealthy taste (see this Beef Lo Mein recipe). Much like American barbecue sauce, it may be discovered within the Asian meals part of most grocery shops.
- Soy Sauce. Lends this dish some important umami taste. To regulate the seasoning, I exploit low-sodium soy sauce and season with further salt, to style.
- Rice Vinegar. Balances the sweetness of the hoisin and peanut butter and brings some added acidity. (It’s additionally key to good the flavour of this Basic Tso Hen recipe.)
- Peanut Butter. Until I’m baking the place stabilization is essential, I desire to make use of pure peanut butter, which accommodates solely peanuts and salt, versus the hydrogenated oils and/or added sweeteners discovered in lots of merchandise, together with ones that tout themselves as “pure”—verify your ingredient label.
- Garlic + Ginger. Add some zip, zing, and genuine Asian taste.
- Frozen Greens. Maximize vitamin and reduce chopping. Hallelujah!
- Edamame. Little, however mighty, edamame is certainly one of my favourite methods to spice up vitamin in Asian recipes (like this Simple Peanut Hen) due to its wholesome fiber, good-for-you antioxidants, and vitamin Okay.
- Inexperienced Onions + Cilantro. For a of completion of shade and contemporary herb and onion taste.
- Peanuts. Add glorious crunch and praise the peanutty taste of the straightforward stir fry sauce. (I additionally love the feel peanuts add to those Asian Hen Wraps.)
- Crimson Pepper Flakes. For just a bit kick.
- Combine up the sauce.
- Prepare dinner the pork in a wok or skillet. Put aside. Prepare dinner the pasta.
- Stir fry the frozen greens and edamame, then take away to the identical bowl with the pork.
- Add the sauce combination to the empty wok then toss within the cooked noodles, pork, greens, and remaining elements. Garnish with further chopped peanuts and contemporary cilantro and serve. ENJOY!
Sluggish Cooker Pork Stir Fry
For a straightforward sluggish cooker pork stir fry:
- Place the pork tenderloin within the backside of a 4-to-6-quart sluggish cooker with the sauce combination.
- Cowl and cook dinner on LOW for two to three hours (pork tenderloin tends to fast rapidly as a result of it’s lean so don’t overcook), till cooked by means of.
- Take away the pork to a big plate, reserving the cooking liquid. Let relaxation for 10 minutes, then shred with two forks or your fingers.
- End the recipe as directed (beginning in step 3), utilizing the reserved cooking liquid from the sluggish cooker as your sauce in step 5.
- To Retailer. Leftover pork stir fry could also be stored within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat. Heat leftover pork stir fry in a wok or skillet over medium warmth till heated by means of. Alternatively, you might also microwave, in a microwave-safe container, till steaming.
- To Freeze. Pork stir fry could also be saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Be aware freezing stir fry is commonly an experiment relying on the greens used. For finest outcomes, stick to agency, crisp veggies in case you plan to freeze versus greens with a excessive water content material (e.g. zucchini or cabbage).
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Glass Measuring Cup. Makes whisking collectively and pouring the delectable sauce straightforward peasy.
- Wok. In case you take pleasure in making stir fries frequently investing in a wok is a worthy funding.
- Skillet. No wok? No downside. A big skillet with deep sides additionally works completely for stir fry recipes of every kind.
The Greatest Wok
This 14″ carbon metal wok is large enough in your entire household, comes pre-seasoned at excessive temperature, and has a comfortable grip deal with too.
In case you want me, I’ll be hiding within the nook with my secret container of leftover pork stir fry with noodles.
Steadily Requested Questions
I’ve not tried making this recipe with different cuts of pork so it might be an experiment. I feel you can cube boneless pork chops, however the meat would end up extra powerful. In case you determine to experiment, I’d love to listen to the way it goes.
I’ve not tried marinating the pork for this recipe. Nonetheless, I’m certain it might be a wonderful technique to intensify the good flavors of this dish. I might double the sauce and use half to marinate the pork in a single day within the fridge after which use the opposite half to arrange the dish as directed within the recipe.
Sure! Except for sodium content material (which might be mitigated by choosing low-sodium sauces) stir fry is a superb wholesome dish full of fiber, protein, and vitamin when made with lean meat and TONS of vitamin-rich greens.
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce divided
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce divided*
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 pound pork tenderloin lower into 3/4-inch cubes and trimmed of extra fats
- 2 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil divided
- 8 ounces whole-grain pasta noodles or rice noodles
- 32 ounces frozen stir fry greens thawed and drained (or chopped contemporary greens)
- 1 cup shelled edamame contemporary or frozen thawed
- 1 cup sliced inexperienced onions white and inexperienced components
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted) chopped, plus further for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped contemporary cilantro, plus further for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crimson pepper flakes optionally available, in case you like a bit warmth
In a roomy liquid measuring cup or small bowl, stir collectively 4 tablespoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin, peanut butter, ginger, and garlic. Maintain close to the range.
In a big, deep skillet or wok, warmth 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high to excessive warmth. As soon as the oil is sizzling and shimmering, add the pork. Prepare dinner 3 minutes on all sides, then add 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and stir to mix. Proceed cooking till the pork is browned on all sides and cooked by means of, about 2 minutes extra. Switch to a big bowl or plate.
In the meantime, deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and cook dinner the noodles till al dente, in response to bundle instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid, then drain and put aside.
Return the now-empty skillet to the range over medium-high warmth. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the stir fry greens and edamame, and cook dinner till sizzling and barely crisp, about 7 minutes (word that frozen greens gained’t be crisp-tender the best way contemporary ones are however they’ll nonetheless be yummy). Take away to the identical bowl with the pork.
Cut back the skillet warmth to medium and add the soy sauce combination. Whisk and cook dinner for 1 minute. Add the cooked noodles, reserved pork and greens, inexperienced onions, peanuts, cilantro, and crimson pepper flakes (if utilizing). With tongs, toss to mix and evenly coat all the elements. If the combination appears too thick, add a bit little bit of reserved pasta water as wanted to loosen it. Season to style. Serve topped with further chopped peanuts and contemporary cilantro.
- TO STORE: Leftover pork stir fry could also be stored within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- TO FREEZE: Pork stir fry could also be saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. Be aware freezing stir fry is commonly an experiment relying on the greens used. For finest outcomes, stick to agency, crisp veggies in case you plan to freeze versus greens with a excessive water content material (e.g. zucchini or cabbage).
- TO REHEAT: Heat leftover pork stir fry in a wok or skillet over medium warmth till heated by means of. Alternatively, you might also microwave, in a microwave-safe container, till steaming.
- SLOW COOKER: Place the pork tenderloin within the backside of a 4-to-6-quart sluggish cooker with the sauce combination. Cowl and cook dinner on LOW for two to three hours (pork tenderloin tends to fast rapidly as a result of it’s lean so don’t overcook), till cooked by means of. Take away the pork to a big plate, reserving the cooking liquid. Let relaxation for 10 minutes, then shred with two forks or your fingers. End the recipe as directed (beginning in step 3), utilizing the reserved cooking liquid from the sluggish cooker as your sauce in step 5.
Serving: 1(of 6)Energy: 548kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 35gFats: 21gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 6gMonounsaturated Fats: 10gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 49mgPotassium: 1043mgFiber: 10gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 7941IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 105mgIron: 5mg
Be a part of in the present day and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.