Roasted winter greens—root greens, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts—are amongst my favourite dishes. Crammed with comforting aromas, textures, and flavors, they’re bursting with advantages for the palate, in addition to physique. Whereas it’s straightforward to neglect veggies within the cooler months, when summer time’s abundance is out of attain, it’s a reminder to show to seasonal produce and pack your eating regimen with extra vibrant plant meals within the winter. This vegetable aspect dish recipe is roasted in a wonderful tahini spice sauce, then topped with parsley and pomegranate seeds. It’s very easy sufficient to function a aspect for a Sunday evening dinner (attempt it with my baked lasagna or lentil patties), however it’s particular sufficient to serve at your vacation desk too (attempt it for Thanksgiving or Christmas!). It’s additionally nice as a potluck addition, and the leftovers are great the following day.
This vegan, gluten-free roasted winter vegetable medley, which features a complete cauliflower with carrots, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts, is smothered with a easy, flavorful tahini sauce.
- 1 small head (1 pound) cauliflower
- 2 small (2 ounces every) parsnips
- 2 small (2 ounces every) carrots
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- ½ cup pomegranate arils (or frozen)
- Take away the outer leaves of the cauliflower, and minimize out core of the cauliflower head with out disrupting the florets (cauliflower head ought to stay complete and intact).
- Scrub the parsnips and carrots and slice them (unpeeled) into giant sections (about 2 inches).
- Trim the ends of the brussels sprouts and slice them in half.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put together the Tahini Sauce by including tahini, olive oil, water, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, brown sugar (elective), black pepper, and salt (elective) to a small mixing bowl. Whisk till easy.
- Place the parsnips, carrots, and brussels sprouts in a big casserole or baking dish (about 2 quarts), drizzle with two-thirds of the sauce, and toss properly with tongs. Organize the greens in dish, permitting room for the cauliflower within the heart. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the cauliflower.
- Bake uncovered in prime rack of the oven at 400 F for 40-45 minutes, till greens are tender and golden brown.
- Take away from oven and sprinkle with parsley and pomegranate arils.
- Serve instantly. Makes 8 servings.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 45 minutes
- Class: Aspect Dish
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 125
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 44 mg
- Fats: 6 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Key phrases: roasted greens, wholesome aspect dishes, winter greens
For different plant-based vegetable side-dishes, attempt the next recipes:
This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.