I’m again with one other revamped dinner recipe that’s filled with veggies and recent, superb flavors you’ll fall in love with. I first made this roasted vegetable pasta again in 2018 and completely fell in love. A rainbow of roasted veggies, home made cashew pesto, and a sprinkle of tangy goat cheese — dream come true!
This pasta was my effort to please Tony’s pasta-loving style buds and nonetheless fulfill my longing for veggies. After I made it I put it right into a tupperware for Tony to seek out and guess what? A day later a couple of items of roasted zucchini and two curly pasta items stay. #TYPICAL
It’s really the right vegetarian dinner or lunch to make for the week, and likewise makes a terrific facet dish for potlucks and events. I like it scorching or chilly, and you realize I included loads of methods to customise it all through the publish. Get pleasure from!
All the things you’ll have to make scrumptious roasted vegetable pasta
This CRAZY GOOD ROASTED RAINBOW VEGETABLE PASTA has goat cheese and a creamy cashew pesto you’ll wish to add to every little thing. Right here’s every little thing you’ll want:
- Veggies: we’re utilizing eggplant, zucchini, purple bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, purple onion and grape tomatoes (should you’d like) however you possibly can combine and match based mostly on what you may have in your fridge, too!
- Oil: you’ll need avocado oil or olive oil for roasting up these scrumptious veggies.
- Seasonings: only a little bit of garlic powder, salt & pepper all through the recipe.
- Cashews: be happy to make use of uncooked cashew or cashew butter for the bottom of the scrumptious cashew pesto.
- Basil leaves: for that recent pesto taste.
- Pasta: I like utilizing cellentani or cavatappi (these little swirls) however you should use any kind of pasta you’d like, together with entire wheat or gluten free pasta.
- Goat cheese: a little bit of goat cheese provides an irresistible creamy, tangy taste to the pasta.
Customise your pasta
There are tons of enjoyable and scrumptious methods to essentially make this simple roasted veggie pasta dish your personal! Right here’s what I can suggest:
- Select your veggies. Roasted broccoli, mushrooms and/or brussels sprouts would even be scrumptious. When winter hits do that recipe with roasted squash! Be at liberty to stir in spinach for an additional increase of greens, too, and add Mediterranean taste by mixing in olives or feta as a substitute of goat cheese — you do you.
- Choose your cheese. I like the tangy taste of goat cheese, however this pasta would even be scrumptious with crumbled feta.
- Add protein. This roasted veggie pasta packs over 10g of protein per serving, however is the right base on your fav further proteins. Maintain it vegetarian by including a can of chickpeas, or combine in grilled or baked hen or shrimp!
- Go vegan. Be at liberty to omit the goat cheese crumbles to maintain the pasta vegan and dairy free.
Can I exploit a unique grain?
Positive! You possibly can select any pasta form you’d like (even gluten free, as I discussed) or you possibly can do that recipe with quinoa, farro or pearl couscous. Word utilizing quinoa would maintain the recipe gluten free, too.
Excellent roasted veggie pasta in 4 steps
- Roast your veggies. Preheat your oven and divide the veggies between two trays lined with parchment paper. Drizzle every with olive oil and a sprinkle garlic powder and salt and pepper. Toss every little thing collectively, then unfold out evenly on every pan and roast. Stir the veggies and rotate the pan midway via the baking time.
- Make the pesto. Whereas the veggies are roasting, you can also make the pesto: add the next to the bowl of a meals processor or excessive powered blender: cashews, basil avocado/olive oil, salt and water to skinny. Course of till thick, however clean. Put aside.
- Cook dinner the pasta. Subsequent, cook dinner the noodles based on the instructions on the bundle till it’s al dente. Drain, then add again to the pot.
- Toss collectively & serve. Add the pesto, roasted veggies and half of the goat cheese to the pasta. Divide into bowls or meal prep containers, garnish with remaining goat cheese and further basil leaves. Then serve & devour!
See the right way to make the roasted vegetable pasta
Trying to grill the greens?
You possibly can! Hearth up the grill this season and get all of my greatest ideas & tips for grilling greens right here. As soon as they’re grilled, add them to the recipe as written and revel in!
Make it further creamy
After you cook dinner your pasta, reserve a couple of tablespoons of the starchy pasta water and add it to the home made pesto. That may create an additional creamy pesto sauce and be much more scrumptious while you combine all of it along with the goat cheese.
Find out how to retailer this roasted vegetable pasta
Retailer this wholesome roasted veggie pasta in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. It’s scrumptious eaten scorching or chilly, so be happy to dig in straight from the fridge or heat it up a bit within the microwave!
Extra pasta recipes you’ll love
Get all of my pasta recipes right here!
When you make this wholesome mediterranean pasta recipe you should definitely tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation! You may as well go away a remark under and charge the recipe. Thanks for making AK recipes!
Roasted Rainbow Vegetable Pasta with Cashew Pesto + Goat Cheese
Brilliant and flavorful roasted vegetable pasta with flavorful, home made cashew pesto and creamy goat cheese. This simple roasted veggie pasta recipe is filled with recent, colourful greens and excellent served heat or chilly as a pasta salad. Choices to grill the veggies and add your fav proteins!
- For the veggies:
child eggplant, sliced and quartered (or sub 1 zucchini)
medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
purple bell pepper, lower into chunks
yellow bell pepper, lower into chunks
purple onion, lower into chunks
- Non-obligatory: 1 bundle grape tomatoes
avocado oil or olive oil
- Freshly floor salt and pepper
- For the cashew pesto:
roasted or uncooked cashews OR 2 tablespoons cashew butter
basil leaves (from 1 oz bundle)
avocado oil or olive oil
heat water, to skinny pesto
- For the pasta:
(8 ounce) cellentani pasta (or pasta of alternative — can use entire wheat or gluten free)
goat cheese crumbles, divided
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Line two massive baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the veggies between two trays, then drizzle every with 1 tablespoon of oil and a sprinkle garlic powder and salt and pepper, to style.
Toss collectively to coat the veggies, then unfold out evenly on every pan. Roast for quarter-hour, then stir the veggies and rotate the pans and bake for 15-20 minutes extra till veggies are tender.
Whereas the veggies are roasting, you can also make the pesto: add the next to the bowl of a meals processor or excessive powered blender: cashews, basil avocado/olive oil, salt and water to skinny. Course of till thick, however clean. Put aside.
Subsequent, cook dinner the pasta based on the instructions on the bundle till it’s al dente. Drain, then add again to the pot.
Fold within the pesto, roasted veggies and half of the goat cheese. Divide into bowls or meal prep containers, garnish with remaining goat cheese and further basil leaves, if desired. Serves 4 as a meal and 6 as a facet.
This can be a nice dish for leftovers or meal prepping. See the complete publish for tactics to customise and so as to add your favourite proteins!
To retailer: retailer this roasted veggie mediterranean pasta in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. It is scrumptious eaten scorching or chilly, so be happy to dig in straight from the fridge or heat it up a bit within the microwave!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving
Saturated fats: 4.7g