Are lunches a drag currently? Make this Rooster Caesar Wrap!
Chunks of juicy hen, crisp romaine, loads of creamy Caesar Dressing, and sun-dried tomatoes all wrapped up in a fluffy tortilla, it should breathe new life into your mid-day meal.
Whereas I do a good job planning our dinners, lunch goes one thing like this: open fridge. Dig round in fridge. Sigh and eat the identical meal I’ve had for the final month straight.
This hen Caesar wrap has made me look ahead to lunch once more!
It’s arduous to argue with Caesar magic.
Learn how to Make Rooster Caesar Wraps
Rooster Caesar wraps are widespread at eating places and fast-food chains.
As a lot as I get pleasure from them, I hardly ever organize them.
Most hen Caesar wraps should not good for you, as a result of every part from the dressing to the wrap or tortilla is loaded with extra energy that provide little dietary profit.
Whenever you make Caesar wraps at residence, nonetheless, they will completely be good for you!
This wholesome hen Caesar wrap recipe makes use of easy swaps, resembling:
- Greek yogurt-based dressing.
- Complete wheat wrap (and/or a low carb wrap if that’s vital to you).
- A extra reasonable quantity of Parmesan cheese.
- Solar-dried tomatoes present vibrancy and shiny taste, with out the necessity to drown the wraps in extra dressing.
- Rooster. Tender, tasty shredded or diced hen items are the proper addition to those straightforward wraps. Due to lean protein, the hen helps make the wraps extra filling and provides fantastic taste.
Reduce this recipe time even additional by swapping in precooked hen, made with certainly one of these straightforward strategies (and even retailer purchased rotisserie hen):
- Romaine. Crisp, refreshing, and a basic in Caesar recipes. It’s additionally filled with nutritional vitamins and calcium.
- Caesar Dressing. My selfmade Caesar Dressing is a lightened-up model that doesn’t skimp on any of the beloved creaminess or garlicky and tangy flavors. Now a days, there are additionally a variety of wholesome store-bought choices. Search for ones within the refrigerated part which can be made with Greek yogurt.
- Worcestershire. Provides irresistible umami taste and complexity to the dressing.
- Solar-Dried Tomatoes. Solar-dried tomatoes pack a punch of scrumptious, candy, tart taste.
- Parmesan. Essential in all Caesar recipes. The Parmesan provides a salty, tacky aspect that enhances the dressing completely.
- Stir the Caesar dressing and Worcestershire collectively. Toss within the hen, romaine, tomatoes, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Assemble every wrap by piling the filling right into a wrap of your selection. DIG IN!
Maintain Your Wrap from Getting Soggy
Rooster Caesar wraps will get soggy after quite a lot of hours. To forestall this:
- Wait to Assemble. Wait to assemble your wraps till simply earlier than serving. This may preserve the wrap from changing into soggy because it sits within the fridge.
- Wrap the Wrap. Wrapping your wrap in parchment paper or aluminum foil will assist maintain its form and preserve moisture out.
- Use a Hearty Wrap. Flour tortillas could change into soggy extra shortly than pita or Do-it-yourself Naan (for much more soggy resistance, toast the naan or pita first). If you already know your wrap goes to be sitting for awhile, select a wrap that may stand up to some moisture with out getting soggy.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover filling in an hermetic storage container for as much as 2 days.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 3 days upfront, put together the hen and Caesar dressing (if making selfmade). Refrigerate individually in hermetic storage containers.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
Stackable Mixing Bowls
Protected to make use of within the dishwasher, fridge, and microwave, this set of blending bowls has countless makes use of.
Rooster Caesar wrap, in relation to making lunch thrilling and wholesome, you rule.
Often Requested Questions
In case you’re not a fan of Caesar dressing or wish to shake issues up, you’ll be able to swap the dressing for an additional you favor. I feel the Italian French dressing dressing from my Italian Farro Salad or yogurt ranch dressing from my BLT Pasta Salad can be tasty choices.
Whereas I really like this recipe as written, you’ll be able to swap the hen for an additional protein of your selection. I feel a turkey Caesar wrap, Blackened Salmon Caesar wrap, or Air Fryer Shrimp Caesar wrap can be delicious.
For a low carb hen Caesar wrap, be sure you’re utilizing a wrap that’s low in carbs. Attempt to choose a low carb wrap choice out of your grocery retailer, or tuck your Caesar filling right into a lettuce wrap as an alternative.
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes or oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup selfmade Caesar dressing or Caesar dressing of selection, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce non-compulsory for a extra intense taste
- 2 1/2 cups cooked diced or shredded hen breast* about 2 medium breasts; see notes
- 1 romaine lettuce coronary heart chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (no inexperienced can please!)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 4 entire wheat wraps or flatbreads resembling pita, naan, or tortillas
If utilizing dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, place them in a small bowl and canopy with sizzling water to rehydrate. Let sit for a couple of minutes when you put together the remainder of the elements, then drain. If utilizing oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, merely pat them dry.
Place the Caesar dressing in a medium bowl. Stir along with 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Add the hen, romaine, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat within the dressing.
For every hen Caesar wrap, lay your wrap down on a piece floor. Pile every wrap with 1/4 of the hen Caesar filling. Roll snugly, tucking in two opposing sides to maintain the filling from falling out. If desired, slice in half. Take pleasure in instantly or wrap in foil, parchment paper, or plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 4 hours.
Serving: 1(of 4), with out wrapEnergy: 337kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 28gFats: 20gSaturated Fats: 5gPolyunsaturated Fats: 8gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 81mgPotassium: 879mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 6508IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 3mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.