Immensely common in the summertime, the Seven Bridges path beckons hikers up and throughout North Cheyenne Creek a number of occasions, meandering by and over tumbling creek waterfalls. The route described under launches from the Seven Bridges path out onto a loop round Kineo Mountain, reaching a connection level with the Mt. Buckhorn hike. These two loops, together with the Part 16 hike, create alternative for an extended figure-8 journey, or perhaps a double-helix hike for these wanting an all-day tour.
As a consequence of its simply accessible trailhead, crowds are frequent — these wanting a less complicated, quieter expertise goal for an early morning begin or a winter hike. Relying on latest climate in winter months, traction could also be required, however the frozen waterfalls, snow-laden evergreens, and shimmering valley views make it price it. Discover the complete Seven Bridges to Kineo Mountain Hike profile under for path map, driving instructions, and extra ideas and particulars that can assist you take pleasure in this year-round journey simply south of Denver.
Path Snapshot: Seven Bridges to Kineo Mountain Loop
|Hike Distance||7.5 miles Spherical Journey|
|Issue||Average to Tough|
|Elevation Achieve||Approx +1,600′|
|Canines||Allowed On Leash|
|Hike Path Map||Click on for Path Map of the Seven Bridges to Kineo Mountain Hike|
|Denver Drive Time||90 minutes|
|Driving Instructions to Seven Bridges Trailhead||Click on for Google Map|
|City Nearest Hike||Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Magnificence||waterfalls, backcountry valleys, views of Colorado Springs|
|Actions||Mountaineering, Biking, Snowshoeing|
Parking & Trailhead Info for Seven Bridges Path
From Denver, cruising south on I-25, take exit 140 for Tejon Road. After turning proper onto Tejon, curve barely proper by means of the site visitors circle to leap onto Cheyenne Blvd. In 2.5 miles, keep proper and start the ascent up North Cheyenne Canyon Street. About 3 miles up the highway a big filth parking zone sits on the junction of Cheyenne Canyon Street, Gold Camp Street, and Excessive Drive (gated). (Notice: simply previous to reaching this junction, daytime sightseers can cease at Helen Hunt Falls.) The Seven Bridges parking zone fills quick and typically attracts unscrupulous thieves, so we advocate going early and putting valuables securely out of sight.
The Hike: Seven Bridges to Kineo Mountain Loop
The path commences on the far finish of the parking zone, past a stout gate, heading up the decommissioned part of Gold Camp Street. At about 3/4-mile, the highway crosses North Cheyenne Creek and instantly after, on the left, seems the Seven Bridges Path (#662) junction.
Over the following 1/4-mile, Path 662 follows the creek, crossing it seven occasions. This brief stint affords almost infinite alternatives to cease, pay attention, marvel and marvel. After Bridge #7, the path steepens significantly because it stretches towards its junction with the overlapping Jones Park (#701) / Kineo Mountain / Captain Jack’s (#667) trails. Just below 1.5 miles forward, a bypass path curves off to the appropriate, marked by vibrant fuchsia blazes. Taking this bypass reduces the entire hike prolonged by roughly 3/4-mile. If staying straight to succeed in the multi-trail junction, proceed for one more 1/4-mile alongside the creek after which flip sharply proper onto Path 701/667. The route ranges and lingers alongside the backcountry ridge by means of evergreen and aspens, offering respite from the regular ascent.
Now the joyful process is solely plodding alongside a valley ridge for about 2.5 miles, as much as the reference to the Mt. Buckhorn hike path. The route weaves out and in of timber, punctuating the hike with vistas of the path hiked 2.5 miles in the past, etched into the alternative valley wall.
After the junction with Bear Creek Path (#666), the Kineo Mountain loop continues by swinging again proper, down the slope onto Path 776 (Buckhorn Path). Following this for about 1 mile, one other bypass greets hikers on the left, allowing them to rapidly regain Gold Camp Street and stroll again to the parking zone.
Ideas & Assets for Mountaineering the Seven Bridges to Kineo Mountain Loop
- TIP: Parking fills quick, however an early begin helps noticeably. As soon as again to the automobile after the hike, a drive down Gold Camp Street cruises by means of chiseled tunnels and by extra trailheads, utilized by hikers and bikers alike. Please notice: this stretch of highway is maintained however not paved and has a number of slender turns. Don’t drive this return route until accustomed to mountain driving.
- Path Map: Seven Bridges to Kineo Mountain Hike
- Packing Record: All the time pack the ten Necessities. Obtain our Mountaineering Information to get the record and dayhiking packing guidelines. Moreover, take a while to evaluation our 10 Winter Mountaineering Ideas.
- Colorado Street Situations: Colorado Street Situations
- After the Hike: A neighborhood favourite, Wild Goose Assembly Home (or their counterpart, Good Neighbors Assembly Home), captures the essence of downtown COS. Seize a craft espresso and chef-level dish, or later within the day, an area beer on faucet. For distinctive native fare, take into account Edelweiss, a Outdated World deal with.
Map & Driving Instructions
Click on for Driving Instructions