Recipes for fast weeknight meals are so important when following the Paleo weight loss plan. Figuring out what you may shortly whip up if you get residence late from work ravenous, or when the youngsters’ soccer video games go into time beyond regulation, could make the distinction between staying on target or derailing through the closes drive-thru window. Particularly when you recognize that fast meal goes to be ridiculously scrumptious!
That is one in every of my favourite fast meals: a few baggage of broccoli slaw and a few pre-cooked salad shrimp get magically remodeled into this Paleo-adaptation of a take-out favourite, all in beneath 20 minutes. You possibly can even use frozen shrimp, with a mere additional minute or two of cooking time. Created for The Greatest Paleo Recipes of 2014, I’m lastly sharing this recipe with you!
To make this Autoimmune Protocol-friendly, merely omit the chopped cashews on the finish.
Servings or Yield: 2 to three
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or different cooking fats
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 6 Tbsp contemporary lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 12-oz baggage broccoli slaw (8 to 10 cups)
- 2-3 massive carrots, julienned or thickly grated
- 12-16 oz salad shrimp, precooked and tails off
- 1/2 cup contemporary cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 inexperienced onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted unsalted cashews (omit for AIP)
- Warmth a big frying pan or wok over medium-high warmth. Add coconut oil, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, broccoli slaw and julienned carrot. Cook dinner stirring ceaselessly till broccoli slaw and carrot are cooked al dente, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook dinner 2-3 minutes simply till shrimp are warmed. Add cilantro and inexperienced onions, cook dinner 30 extra seconds.
- Garnish with chopped cashews.