This recipe for Portobello Mushroom Fajitas is a hearty, meatless recipe bursting with spicy, Tex-Mex taste! With colourful peppers, savory onions, and meaty slices of portobello mushrooms, these fajitas are a nutritious and mouthwatering meal that’s positive to please.
Unbelievable Portobello Fajitas
Fajitas are really superior. They simply are, and that’s a reality. Nobody ought to resist the mixture of scorching peppers and onions, cooked to crisp-tender perfection together with your favourite protein. And, whereas I’m undoubtedly a fan of beef, hen, and even shrimp fajitas, typically you want meatless entree. Enter 👉 these straightforward portobello mushroom fajitas! 🍄
On this recipe, slices of portobello mushrooms take the place of meat, however belief me, even devoted carnivores gained’t miss it! Portobellos are recognized for his or her “meaty” texture and taste, and once they’re sliced thinly, they’re good for fajitas.
Additionally? The cooking methodology couldn’t be extra easy: simply season your veggie mix, organize on a sheet pan, and bake till tender. It’s a super-easy, uber-flavorful dinner that’s simply good for busy households!
What’s the Distinction Between a Fajita and a Taco?
Fajitas and tacos are comparable, however there are a number of key variations that you need to use to inform them aside. Fajitas are made with palm-sized flour tortillas, often topped merely with strips of grilled greens and meat, typically steak.
Tacos, then again, are will be made with corn or flour tortillas, and have a filling of floor or chopped meat. Additionally, tacos often don’t have cooked greens in them; as an alternative, crisp uncooked veggies like tomato and lettuce are used as toppings.
The Substances Listing
So what substances will you might want to make these fast, vegetarian- and vegan-friendly portobello mushroom fajitas? Glad you requested! Right here’s a fast rundown of every ingredient, and a few ideas for simple substitutions.
- Olive Oil: That is my go-to, however you could possibly substitute avocado oil, or every other cooking oil that you just want.
- Lime Juice: A little bit acidity is so necessary in fajitas—it brings out the flavors within the seasoning combination and within the greens. In the event you don’t have lime juice, use lemon juice, or you could possibly substitute your favourite vinegar. (Take into account that some vinegars have a stronger perfume and taste than lemon or lime juice).
- Selfmade Fajitas Seasoning: You should use store-bought fajita seasoning, or make a fast batch of my superb home made fajitas seasoning!
- Cayenne Pepper: Use this to style, so as to add a spicy kick. In the event you don’t take care of the warmth of cayenne pepper, you possibly can depart it out.
- Portobello Mushrooms: You’ll wish to get a number of massive portobello mushrooms, and slice them into ½-inch strips.
- Bell Pepper: I like to make use of one every of crimson, inexperienced, and yellow bell peppers, however utilizing only one coloration is completely superb. Slice the bell peppers thinly.
- Yellow Onion: Pink, white, or candy onions are additionally superb. Slice thinly, identical to the bell peppers.
- Flour Tortillas: For serving.
- Non-compulsory Toppings: You’ll be able to prime the fajitas merely with a dollop of bitter cream, or go all out with salsa, avocado slices, chopped contemporary cilantro, lime wedges, and every other toppings or garnishes that you just like.
Let’s Make Mushroom Fajitas!
Portobello mushroom fajitas come collectively very quickly in any respect, with little or no prep. All you need to do is slice your veggies, mix them with the seasoning combination, and bake to perfection.
- Get Prepared. As soon as your substances are assembled and able to go, preheat your oven to 450˚F. Then, line a big baking sheet with foil. Set the baking sheet apart.
- Season Your Veggies. Get a big mixing bowl, and mix the olive oil, lime juice, fajitas seasoning, and cayenne pepper in it, giving it stir to combine. Add in your mushroom slices, peppers, and onions, and gently toss them to coat within the oil. Then switch the veggies and mushrooms to your ready baking sheet, and unfold them out in a single layer.
- Bake, and Serve. Bake for about quarter-hour, or till the greens are tender. Take them out of the oven, and serve with flour tortillas and toppings of alternative.
Useful Suggestions for Nice Fajitas
Earlier than you begin cooking, I hope you’ll take a minute to look over these straightforward ideas and tips for making the right mushroom fajitas. This straightforward meal is so versatile, so make sure to put your individual spin on it! Joyful cooking!
- Further Veggies: Undecided about portobello mushrooms? Be happy to substitute sliced button mushrooms or child bellas – or go in a completely totally different route, and use strips of zucchini, summer time squash, eggplant… no matter you’re keen on!
- Cheese: Relating to tacos, burritos, and fajitas, you possibly can’t actually go fallacious with cheese. For an additional-creamy twist, sprinkle shredded or crumbled feta, cotija, cheddar, monterey jack, or pepper jack cheese over your fajitas.
- Protein: This dish is fantastic as a meatless meal, however you could possibly undoubtedly add your favourite protein to it as effectively. Steak, hen, or pork all work splendidly.
Tasty Serving Options
In the event you’d like so as to add a facet dish or two to the menu, I’ve received you lined! These are a few of my favourite facet dishes to go together with a plate of spicy fajitas.
- Southwest Salad: Corn, black beans, and creamy avocado collide on this colourful and tangy Southwestern Orzo Salad. It’s a filling and wholesome facet dish that’s good alongside this straightforward fajita recipe.
- Mild Skillet Cornbread: Cornbread is sweet with absolutely anything, however I feel it goes significantly effectively with Tex-Mex flavors. This Mild Skillet Cornbread has a beautiful coloration and taste, baked the old school means in a cast-iron skillet.
- Lemon Garlic Oven-Roasted Potatoes: Roasted potatoes are a basic facet that you just won’t sometimes consider with fajitas, however truthfully? It’s a tremendous combo! Strive these Lemon Garlic Oven-Roasted Potatoes for a grain-free facet that’s nonetheless carb-y and satisfying.
The way to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
- To retailer, place your leftovers in hermetic containers or meals storage luggage, and refrigerate. Correctly saved, they’ll preserve for 3 to 4 days.
- To reheat, place the specified portion in a lined skillet, over low warmth. Warmth till the veggies are scorching and heated by means of, however don’t overcook, or they’ll turn into mushy and mushy. You can too bake leftover portobello fajitas at 450˚F till sizzling.
Can I Freeze Portobello Fajitas?
- Are you able to or must you? 🧐 When you can freeze mushroom fajitas, I don’t advocate it—the frozen greens are more likely to turn into mushy and mushy as soon as they’re thawed and reheated. 🤷♀️
Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
With colourful peppers, savory onions, and meaty slices of portobello mushrooms, these Portobello Mushroom Fajitas are a nutritious and mouthwatering meal that’s positive to please!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons contemporary lime juice
- 2 tablespoons home made fajitas seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 massive portobello mushrooms, minimize into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 crimson bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 low carb flour tortillas, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- salsa, for serving, optionally available
- avocado slices, for serving, optionally available
- chopped contemporary cilantro, for serving, optionally available
- bitter cream, for serving, optionally available
Preheat oven to 450˚F.
Line a big baking sheet with foil and put aside.
In a big mixing bowl mix olive oil, lime juice, fajitas seasoning, and cayenne pepper; combine till included.
To the bowl add the mushroom slices, peppers, and onions; toss to mix.
Switch the peppers and mushrooms to beforehand ready baking sheet and organize in a single single layer.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or till veggies are tender.
Take away from oven.
Serve with flour tortillas and optionally available fillings and toppings.
Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
Quantity Per Serving (2 fajitas)
Energy from Fats 99
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 2g10%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Vitamin A 1276IU26%
Vitamin C 123mg149%
* P.c Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might differ in keeping with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.
Key phrases: fajitas oven, vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes