As a result of citrus season = life we’ve bought a model new cocktail recipe for you utilizing probably the most underrated citrus fruits of all time. For those who’ve by no means had a blood orange earlier than it’s time to leap on the blood orange practice as a result of they’re juicy, deliciously candy, and completely beautiful.
Bear in mind Rebecca’s pomegranate margarita recipe? Effectively, our resident cocktail queen is at it once more with this lovely, spicy blood orange margarita that has recent blood orange juice and a kick of warmth from jalapeño. You realize I really like all issues spicy, so I shortly fell in love with this pretty drink.
Apparently, it was Nationwide Margarita Day yesterday, too, so it’s the right time to get your folks collectively to rejoice. Date night time or women’ night time simply bought much more enjoyable. Make a couple of margs or a complete pitcher and revel in!
Fall in love with blood oranges
For those who’ve by no means had a blood orange earlier than, now could be the time! They’re solely in season from December till round Could, so blood orange season is in full swing. They sometimes seem like common oranges on the skin, however their insides are deep pink as an alternative of orange. They occur to be sweeter than common oranges, too, so that they’re the right citrus fruit to make use of in margaritas!
I imply, how beautiful is that shade?!
Substances on this blood orange margarita
You’ll simply want 5 easy substances (plus optionally available garnishes) to make these great spicy blood orange margaritas:
- Tequila: I like to make use of silver tequila in my margaritas, however reposado tequila is one other nice choice in the event you like a extra oak-y or fragrant taste.
- Easy syrup: you’ll want some easy syrup so as to add the right quantity of sweetness. See beneath for directions on find out how to make it your self!
- Juice: we’re shaking each recent lime juice and recent blood orange juice for a refreshing taste. You’ll LOVE how scrumptious the blood orange juice is!
- Jalapeño: as a result of it is a spicy margarita, you’ll add jalapeño slices proper to the shaker. YUM.
- For serving: I wish to rim the glass with tajín or salt, plus add skinny blood orange slices for a fairly garnish.
Customise your margarita
As a result of this blood orange margarita is made with just some substances, it’s additionally straightforward to customise primarily based in your style preferences. Listed below are some methods to make it your personal:
- Add bubbles: a bit membership soda on prime would make this a enjoyable, bubbly margarita!
- Select the spice stage: in the event you’re delicate to spice, merely use fewer jalapeño slices or omit them altogether.
- Attempt a brand new fruit: I really like the distinctive taste of blood oranges, however grapefruit would even be scrumptious! Bear in mind to check out our pomegranate margarita, too.
Learn how to make home made easy syrup
Easy syrup is tremendous straightforward to make proper at residence! To make it you’ll merely shake equal elements granulated sugar and water collectively in a jar for about 1-2 minutes till the sugar dissolved. On this recipe, 2 tablespoons of every can be sufficient for two of those blood orange margaritas.
Don’t overlook that garnish
It’s optionally available, however I really like including tajín or sea salt to the rim of my glass! Tajín is a Mexican spice mix that sometimes consists of dried, floor chilies, sea salt and dehydrated lime juice. The chilies and lime go completely with this spicy blood orange margarita.
To rim your glass you’ll merely cut a wedge from a lime and rub the lower aspect of the lime alongside the rim of your favourite glass. Pour tajín (or sea salt) onto a plate and dip the moist glass rim into the tajín to coat it.
Simple blood orange margarita in 3 steps
- Salt the rim. Earlier than making the cocktail, add salt or tajín to the rim utilizing the directions above.
- Shake it up. Add the entire substances (moreover garnishes) to a cocktail shaker or mason jar with 1/2 cup ice cubes. Shake all of it up.
- Serve & take pleasure in! Add some ice to your glasses, then pour the margarita, prime with blood orange slices and revel in!
Our favourite cocktail making instruments
- Shake it up with a cocktail shaker
- A easy strainer in case your shaker doesn’t have one
- I really like utilizing this hand juicer for all issues juicing
- Cute cocktail glasses like these or these
- A pitcher for serving a celebration
Get all of our go-to kitchen necessities right here!
Extra drinks & cocktails
Get extra drink recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this spicy blood orange margarita! For those who make it make sure you depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Spicy Blood Orange Margarita
Refreshing and scrumptious spicy blood orange margarita made with 5 easy substances! This lovely blood orange margarita recipe is straightforward to make and such a enjoyable method to take pleasure in blood oranges. Excellent for date night time, women’ night time, or tripling to serve a crowd!
- For the margarita:
easy syrup* (2 tablespoons)
freshly squeezed lime juice (1/4 cup recent lime juice)
freshly squeezed blood orange juice
jalapeño slices, relying on how spicy you prefer it
- For serving:
- Tajín (or sea salt) and a lime wedge for rimming the glass, if desired
- Skinny blood orange slices
For those who’d wish to rim your glass, do that first. Lower a wedge from a lime and rub the lower aspect of the lime alongside the rim of your favourite glass. Pour tajín (or sea salt) onto a plate and dip the moist glass rim into the tajín to coat it.
Add tequila, easy syrup, recent lime juice, blood orange juice and jalapeño slices to a cocktail shaker. Then add about ½ cup of ice cubes to the shaker, cowl tightly, and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
Add ice to 2 glasses then instantly pour the margarita combination over, garnish with blood orange slices. Get pleasure from!
*A fast shortcut for easy syrup: shake equal elements granulated sugar + water (2 tbsp. every can be sufficient for two drinks) in a small jar for 1-2 minutes till the sugar dissolves.
Be happy to double, triple or quadruple the recipe to serve extra.
Servings: 2 servings
Serving dimension: 1 margarita