Oh delicious Strawberry Bread, you’ll be able to style candy summer time in each slice! Fabulously moist and full of so many contemporary strawberries, it’s a miracle the bread holds collectively in any respect, this wholesome recipe is strictly what we have to be consuming for each breakfast from now till August.
I’ve been baking Amish strawberry bread for greater than a decade.
Years in the past, I took myself strawberry choosing and upgraded to the biggest carton, which holds effectively over 10 kilos.
Between all of the strawberry recipes there for the baking—Strawberry Oatmeal Bars, Strawberry Cake, Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, basic Strawberry Crisp, Strawberry Scones…I might go on—the massive field was a GREAT concept!
Whereas my strawberry temper adjustments from summer time to summer time (is that this an Straightforward Strawberry Cake season or a Strawberry Smoothie season?) the one strawberry recipe I bake each single 12 months is that this wholesome strawberry bread (as fall’s annual equal is Apple Bread).
Between the juicy berries, the shiny glaze, and the healthful batter, it’s simply the form of simple-yet-splendid breakfast I crave because the climate warms and the times develop lengthy.
5 Star Assessment
“Absolute perfection! Strawberry bread for the win!!!”
— Marina —
The right way to Make Strawberry Bread
I’ve tweaked this strawberry bread recipe through the years.
As we speak’s model made with Greek yogurt, a great deal of contemporary strawberries, and entire wheat flour is my favourite model but.
It tastes great contemporary from the oven, and the loaves freeze fantastically too.
Bake a number of whereas strawberries are at their peak, then stow them away for later months if you find yourself craving a style of summer time.
- Strawberries. The candy, crimson gems of this delicious bread. Their sweetness and juiciness are the celebrities of this recipe.
- White Entire Wheat Flour. Utilizing white entire wheat flour is a straightforward strategy to increase this bread’s vitamin with out impacting the general style or texture. The bread continues to be moist, and it has the additional benefit of additional nutritional vitamins and fiber.
- Cinnamon. Provides coziness and heat that pairs splendidly with the strawberries.
- Sugar. For sweetness and moisture.
- Coconut Oil. As a substitute of butter, I used melted coconut oil on this recipe. It provides richness and delicate coconut taste.
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt. Ensures the bread is moist and tender (my wholesome baking swap for bitter cream).
- Eggs. A important ingredient that helps the bread maintain collectively and rise.
- Vanilla. Provides that beloved vanilla taste and elevates all the opposite flavors within the bread.
- Vanilla Glaze. I extremely suggest topping your bread with this candy, vanilla-flavored glaze. It not solely tastes scrumptious, but it surely additionally makes your bread look particular and exquisite.
- Stir the dry substances collectively in a single bowl, and stir the sugar and coconut oil collectively in a separate bowl. Add the moist substances to the sugar combination.
- Stir the moist substances into the dry substances. Fold within the strawberries.
- Pour the batter right into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake strawberry bread at 350 levels F for 45 to 55 minutes. Tent the bread with foil at in regards to the 30-minute mark.
- Let cool fully earlier than slicing.
- Whisk the glaze substances collectively till easy, then drizzle it over the cooled bread.
- To Retailer. Retailer strawberry bread in an hermetic storage container at room temperature for as much as 3 days.
- To Freeze. Freeze bread in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Meal Prep Tip
For straightforward, grab-and-go strawberry bread, freeze leftovers as individually-wrapped slices. Then, you’ll be able to thaw and revel in them as desired.
What to Serve with Strawberry Bread
Air Fryer Bacon
Breakfast & Brunch
Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Loaf Pan. Excellent for making strawberry bread.
- Mixing Bowls. You should utilize this set of blending bowls for storage and so many recipes.
- Rubber Spatula. My favourite for stirring and scraping batters.
The Greatest Loaf Pan
This loaf pan is good for making any of my scrumptious fast breads. It helps your bread prepare dinner evenly each time!
Completely satisfied, HAPPY Strawberry Season!
I hope this bouncy, berryific strawberry bread turns into part of your custom too.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Sure, you should utilize this recipe to make strawberry bread muffins. Since this bread is sticky and moist, I like to recommend utilizing paper liners in your muffin tin. Bake the muffins at 350 levels F for about 20 minutes.
Sure, you should utilize frozen strawberries in strawberry bread. Thaw fully and pat dry earlier than utilizing them within the recipe. In case your strawberries are giant, cube them into smaller items because the recipe suggests.
No, I don’t suggest swapping almond flour on this recipe. Since almond flour and common flour don’t react the identical in baking, I can’t promise it could prove accurately. Should you’d prefer to make a bread with almond flour, I’d suggest attempting my Almond Flour Bread or Almond Flour Banana Bread.
FOR THE STRAWBERRY BREAD:
- 1 1/2 cups white entire wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt plus 2 tablespoons, at room temperature
- 2 giant eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups small diced strawberries
FOR THE VANILLA GLAZE (optionally available):
Preheat the oven to 350 levels. Frivolously grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper so that you’ve some overhanging the edges like “handles” then evenly grease once more. Put aside.
In a medium bowl, mix the white entire wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl or giant measuring cup, stir collectively the sugar and melted coconut oil (it will assist preserve the oil from resolidifying). Stir within the Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Add the moist substances to the dry substances, then stir collectively by hand with a rubber spatula, simply till evenly mixed—don’t over combine. The batter can be very thick. Fold within the diced strawberries.
Scrape the combination into the ready baking pan and easy the highest. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear. On the 30-minute mark, evenly tent the bread with foil to stop it from browning too rapidly, then proceed baking as directed.
Take away the pan from the oven, uncover, then set the pan on a wire rack. Let bread cool within the pan fully earlier than slicing (or slice heat and have messy, yummy items of strawberry bread).
For the vanilla glaze: Whisk all the substances collectively (powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk) collectively in a small bowl till easy. Add extra sugar/milk when you want a thicker or thinner glaze. Take away the bread from the pan and drizzle excessive earlier than serving.
- I like to recommend utilizing all room temperature substances in order that the batter mixes extra evenly and the coconut oil doesn’t re-solidify when it hits the chilly eggs or Greek yogurt.
- TO STORE: Retailer strawberry bread in an hermetic storage container at room temperature for as much as 3 days.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze bread in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Serving: 1slice (with out glaze)Energy: 292kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 9gFats: 7gSaturated Fats: 5gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 47mgPotassium: 128mgFiber: 5gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 73IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 1mg
Be part of as we speak and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.