This flavorful simple dish for Thai Tempeh Noodle Skillet calls upon protein-rich tempeh, together with brown rice noodles and a vibrant Thai-inspired dressing, to create the best meal in a single. Plus, it’s utterly plant-based (vegan) and will be whipped collectively in below half-hour. It’s simply made gluten-free, too. The flavorful mixture of bell pepper, mushrooms, tempeh, greens, and brown rice noodles, together with a wealthy sauce of purple curry paste, mild coconut milk, soy sauce, and peanut butter come collectively fantastically in a recipe that everybody loves.
Whereas I’ve been lucky sufficient to journey to Thailand and be taught extra about this nation’s lovely, plant-based foodways, I’m not a real knowledgeable on this cultural delicacies. Try the work of Laela Punyaratabandhu, who’s a meals author and cookbook creator, and knowledgeable in Thai food plan patterns.
Get this scrumptious, savory, vegan noddle skillet—crammed with rice noodles, tempeh, veggies, and spices—on the desk in below half-hour.
Stir-Fried Greens and Tempeh:
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 purple bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces tempeh, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced recent ginger
- 1 bunch greens, chopped (i.e., mustard, spinach, or chard)
- 3 inexperienced onions, chopped
- ¼ cup recent cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- To make the stir-fried greens and tempeh: Warmth sesame oil in a big skillet or wok and sauté pepper, mushrooms, tempeh, garlic, ginger, and greens for 8 minutes.
- Whereas the greens are cooking, make the sauce: Combine collectively coconut milk, Thai purple curry paste, purple chili flakes, soy sauce, peanut butter, agave syrup, and lime juice in a bowl till easy and put aside.
- Make the noodles: Carry the water to a boil and add brown rice noodles, cooking in accordance with bundle instructions (about 2 minutes). Don’t overcook. Rinse and drain noodles and instantly add to the skillet together with the sauce and chopped greens.
- Stir collectively gently, till heated via and greens are wilted (about 1-2 minutes). Don’t overcook.
- Garnish with toppings: chopped inexperienced onions, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve instantly.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free soy sauce and tempeh.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Cook dinner Time: 12 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Asian, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 324
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 377 mg
- Fats: 21 g
- Saturated Fats: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 15 g
Key phrases: vegan skillet, thai skillet, simple vegan dinner, one dish meal
For extra plant-powered one dish meals, try a few of my favorites:
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.