Our third information within the Formidable Kitchen Chicago Sequence is right here! In the event you’re simply tuning in, WELCOME. Abra and I are scouring town for one of the best eats and treats round. To date we put collectively the greatest sandwiches and the greatest salads in Chicago — make sure you observe @AmbitiousKitchen on Instagram to see our full guides and movies.
Have any suggestions or kinds of meals we must always discover? Go away a remark on the finish of this publish or on our Chicago Sequence Instagram posts.
In the present day is all about cookies. We explored tons of various bakeries and eating places to search out the greatest cookies in Chicago as a result of actually what’s higher than a freshly baked cookie?! In the event you occur to stay in Chicago, or are simply touring right here for a pair days, make sure you choose certainly one of these up!
A number of of those cookies have been our long-time favorites (you’ll acknowledge locations from our earlier guides!) and a few are model new to us. These locations are excellent for taking out-of-towners or simply heading to get your cookie repair.
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie from Hexe Espresso Co.: 2000 W. Diversey Pkwy
- Confetti Cookie & Iced Molasses Cookie from Candy Mandy B’s: 1208 W Webster Ave. & 254 E Ontario St.
- Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie from Beatrix: 519 N Clark St. & 834 W Fulton Market
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Summer season Home Santa Monica: 1954 N Halsted St.
- Large.Fats.Cookie from Large.Fats.Cookie: 1030 N Hooker St. (plus many retail places!)
- Tahini Cookie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Sugar Moon Bakery: 3612 W Wrightwood Ave.
Hexe Espresso Co.
You in all probability acknowledge Hexe from our roundup of the greatest sandwiches in Chicago, as a result of sure, they really do it throughout there. They opened again in 2019 and have such wonderful espresso drinks, meals objects, cocktails, and naturally, cookies. To not point out they’ve a large patio to take pleasure in as soon as it *lastly* will get hotter right here in Chicago.
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie: I say this rather a lot with my vegan & gluten free baked items (and it’s true!) however once I say this wonderful cookie does NOT style prefer it’s vegan or gluten free in any respect I actually imply it. It’s certainly one of my ABSOLUTE favourite cookies in Chicago. Additionally, it’s difficult to get a cookie that’s crispy on the surface and chewy within the center if you’re baking with gluten free substances, however HOT rattling, did Hexe nail this one. The flavors are unbelievable and every chew has a slight crunch of toasty walnuts with little puddles of darkish chocolate in each chew. I LOVE THIS ONE SO SO MUCH.
Candy Mandy B’s:
This lovely little Lincoln Park bakery has been Abra’s favourite since earlier than she moved to town. Her faculty buddy used to get care packages with Candy Mandy B’s cookies and Abra turned a ravenous cookie monster each time (her phrases, not mine). In addition to wonderful, big cookies in addition they have scrumptious muffins, cupcakes, bars, pies and extra. You could find flavors like cookie monster cupcakes, marshmallow dream brownies, and one of the best oreo cake. You’ll be able to simply order for pick-up or supply for particular events, they usually’ll customise the muffins!
- Confetti & Iced Molasses Cookies: okay, we couldn’t choose only one cookie right here. Abra’s #1 favourite is the confetti cookie, which is a sugar cookie rolled in sprinkles. It might sound easy, however the taste and tender, chewy texture is on level. In the event you like this one you MUST attempt the iced sugar cookie, too — a sugar cookie topped with their well-known buttercream frosting. Indulgent and scrumptious. I additionally personally LOVE the iced molasses cookie, which is a tender gingerbread-type cookie topped with their white vanilla buttercream. It’s additionally completely tender, deliciously spiced, and jogs my memory of my gingerbread oatmeal cream pies.
Sure, our beloved Beatrix is again on this listing as a result of not solely are their salads, brunch objects, and important dishes wonderful, however their baked items are simply as unbelievable! Each time Abra and I come right here for lunch or brunch we all the time go away with at the very least 2 cookies every. Remember to do the identical everytime you hit up their River North, Fulton Market or Oak Brook places.
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie: we stopped in for lunch a number of weeks in the past to get this cookie as a result of it has been our favourite for years. It even impressed my very own cookie recipe throughout cookie week a few years again! After we visited for lunch they had been really OUT of this cookie, so we tried the salted caramel as a substitute. Sure, the salted caramel was additionally scrumptious, however nothing beats this wonderful butterscotch oatmeal cookie that has unbelievable crispy edges, candy butterscotch, and an epic sprinkle of sea salt on high. SO GOOD. After all, Tony and I got here again a number of days later as a result of we needed to showcase it on this information.
Summer season Home Santa Monica
We’re again in Lincoln Park (or California, who is aware of) at Summer season Home to cease by the dessert counter on the entrance of the restaurant. I hinted at their baked items in our salad information, and now they’re right here! Summer season Home has all the things from gingersnap and M&M cookies to sprinkle cookies and vegan snickerdoodles — all of which will be served with ice cream should you’d like! Additionally they have a well-known brown butter rice krispie deal with, and you realize my love for brown butter runs deep. Decide up a number of baked treats to attempt after a stunning lunch of their lovely restaurant!
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie: omgggg, this cookie is just about precisely what it seems like. Take an ideal tender chocolate chip cookie with hints of brown butter, caramel-like taste and high it with large chunks of their unbelievable tender brown butter rice krispie deal with. Rattling. The cookie itself tastes prefer it has brown butter baked proper into it, too, so there’s a biiig scrumptious brown butter explosion in each chew and I’m right here for it. The rice krispie chunks on high are additionally tender and chewy as a substitute of overly crispy so the entire issues is simply magical. You want this one!
We’ve really seen these big, ooey-gooey cookies round earlier than however had by no means tried them! Linda Levinson began her cookie baking endeavor in 2015 after 25 years of designing and manufacturing jewellery in Chicago and Rhode Island. Very similar to her jewellery, every Large.Fats.Cookie is handmade, fashioned, weighed, and so forth. in small batches to make sure that every cookie seems to be nearly as good because it tastes. They’re every individually wrapped and are available in actually one-of-a-kind flavors like vanilla bean cookie with oreos, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips & rainbow M&M’s. Whoa. To not point out, they are surely big (over 6 ounces!) We picked up two completely different ones from Foxtrot Market, and you will discover them at your native Freshii, South Loop Markets, West Loop Markets, Dom’s Market, Epic Kitchens, and extra. They even ship nationwide and make such an incredible present.
- Large Fats Cookies: we popped into Foxtrot and picked out the chocolate cookie and the peanut butter cookie. Per the directions on the package deal (and on their web site) the cookies are greatest when reheated within the oven at 350 levels F for a couple of minutes. The insides get deliciously gooey with chocolate whereas the outsides keep good and crispy. These cookies are the last word indulgence and we cherished the enjoyable taste additions. They’re nice for splitting in half (and even 4 items) and are additionally freezer-friendly to take pleasure in at any time when the sugar cravings hit.
Sugar Moon Bakery
I had been desirous to attempt Sugar Moon Bakery ever because it opened within the fall of 2021. The bakery began out as a cake-focused store, however the proprietor, Dina Cimarusti, rapidly observed that there was a much bigger demand for different pastries within the Logan Sq. neighborhood. Whereas they’re solely open Friday via Sunday from 8am till 2pm, and you need to get there early and stand in line as they usually promote out hours earlier than closing time as a result of the pastries are that phenomenal (and made in small batches!) They make all the things from savory galettes with flavors like candy potato, purple onion, feta, egg & za’atar, to unbelievable muffins, scones, and naturally, cookies. Try all of their choices on Instagram. Dina additionally desires the bakery to be a spot for artists to showcase their work, different bakers to do popups, and to even educate children fundamental baking & cake adorning abilities within the neighborhood. A must-visit spot in Logan Sq.!
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie: this Tahini Queenie needed to check out the well-known tahini chocolate chip cookie right here. It was probably the greatest chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever tried in my life. 100% value standing in line and I need to inform you that I believe this might simply be my absolute favourite bakery within the metropolis. You MUST go right here ASAP!
I hope you like this information in our AK Chicago Sequence! Did we miss any of your favourite Chicago cookies? Tell us within the feedback under.
What Chicago meals collection ought to we do subsequent?!