My fast and straightforward, traditional hen salad recipe made more healthy and lighter to make the right do-it-yourself hen salad sandwich. The right chilly lunch for meal prep!
Straightforward Hen Salad Recipe
This Traditional Hen Salad recipe, made with easy substances is ideal for make-ahead lunches. There’s so some ways to eat it, like as a hen salad sandwich, on a bagel, over a salad or in lettuce wraps. It’s is my go-to lunch to maintain readily available within the fridge to eat all through the week, or to deliver to potlucks and it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, excessive protein, and low-carb. Some extra of my favourite wholesome hen salad recipes are Cilantro Hen Salad, Ranch Hen Salad, and Hen Salad with Lemon and Dill.
Hen salad can be an effective way to make use of up leftover hen breast from an entire roasted hen.
Traditional Hen Salad Components
- Hen: Chop 12 ounces of cooked hen breasts from 1 entire roasted hen. You may also use rotisserie hen to avoid wasting time.
- Mayonnaise: I exploit mild mayo to cut back the energy, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite mayo.
- Celery: Chop celery for some crunch and veggies.
- Crimson Onion: Swap pink onion for scallions or chives.
- Hen Broth: If the hen salad is a bit dry, stir in two tablespoons of broth.
- Dijon Mustard for a bit tang
- Seasoned Salt and Black Pepper for taste
Find out how to Make Hen Salad
Hen salad is very easy to make. Take away the hen breast from the roasted hen and chop it wonderful with the veggies, then mix with mayonnaise, celery, onions, Dijon mustard, a bit hen broth if wanted and season with salt and pepper.
Find out how to Serve with Hen Salad
Listed below are some methods to serve this hen salad.
- Wraps utilizing entire wheat or grain-free tortillas
- Bagels: I like every little thing bagels with hen salad!
- Bread, like these Excessive-Protein Oat Rolls or your favourite sandwich bread
- Lettuce wraps for a low-carb choice.
- Collard Inexperienced Wraps are one other wholesome low-carb choice.
- Salad: Eat the hen salad over lettuce, and add different veggies, like avocado, cucumber, or cherry tomatoes.
How lengthy does do-it-yourself hen salad final?
Home made hen salad lasts about 4 days in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Hen Salad Variations
- Mayo Swap: Substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise or use half yogurt, half mayo.
- Add some diced apples or grapes for sweetness and crunch.
- You may add nuts like almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- Combine in dried cranberries or cherries for a pop of sweetness.
- Add some chopped pickles for a bitter chew.
- Herbs: Sprinkle in recent dill, inexperienced onions or parsley.
- Add extra seasoning like every little thing bagel seasoning, onion powder or garlic powder.
What do I do if my hen salad is just too dry?
Since I exploit much less mayo than most conventional Hen Salad recipes to maintain it mild, I like so as to add a bit hen broth to maintain it moist without having extra mayo or yogurt. This can be a nice dairy-free choice.
An alternative choice is so as to add some fat-free Greek yogurt together with the mayo which additionally provides extra protein.
Extra Hen Salad Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 /2 cup
Mix all substances in a medium bowl and blend properly. Season with salt and pepper to style.
Serve over salad, in a wrap, or in a sandwich
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2 cup, Energy: 131 kcal, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Protein: 18 g, Fats: 5 g, Saturated Fats: 1 g, Ldl cholesterol: 50 mg, Sodium: 307 mg, Sugar: 1 g