Are you searching for a enjoyable twist on broccoli salad? This Vegan Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad is the proper mixture of a mandarin orange salad and a traditional broccoli salad.
The broccoli is completely roasted, the dressing is scrumptious, and it makes for an excellent wholesome meal prep salad for the week! Make it right now!
Favourite Vegan Broccoli Salad
This isn’t your common broccoli salad, it’s a scrumptious, VEGAN broccoli salad. Get pumped.
Have you ever ever made a creamy vegan broccoli salad? We’ve got a standard wholesome broccoli salad with bacon on the location that’s made with Greek yogurt and slightly mayo, however it’s removed from a vegan salad!
We needed to create a broccoli salad that was creamy and vegan. We simply love our vegan pesto pasta salad and our vegan cheese sauce. We will’t get sufficient of the creamy cashew sauce and thought it might be good in a broccoli salad. Now let’s get right down to enterprise.
Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad Substances
The fixings on this vegan broccoli salad are a few of our favorites! This wholesome broccoli salad has the proper mixture of candy and savory and has the proper quantity of crunch!
- Broccoli- We determined to roast the broccoli for this vegan Asian broccoli salad to provide the salad a scrumptious roasted taste. It’s so scrumptious!
- Olive Oil- Olive oil is a good supply of wholesome fat and it provides any salad an ideal taste!
- Mandarin Oranges- Not solely do mandarin oranges deliver me again to childhood, however they’re an ideal candy addition to this broccoli salad. They provide you slightly sweetness and vitamin C!
- Raisins- Raisins hold you common and are excessive in wholesome sugars to provide you slightly enhance of power all through the day.
- Purple Onion- Purple onions are nutrient-dense! They pack a ton of nutritional vitamins are a low-carbohydrate vegetable. They provide nice taste to any salad. For those who don’t like uncooked crimson onions, strive sauteing the crimson onion earlier than including it to the salad.
- Slivered Almonds- Be at liberty to decide on any nut for this broccoli salad. We selected slivered almonds as a result of they provide a crunch and they’re antioxidant-rich!
- Sesame Seeds- Sesame seeds are an ideal supply of plant protein and also you simply can’t beat the comfortable, but crunchy texture they provide to any salad. If you’re out of sesame seeds, strive changing them with hemp hearts. They provide an identical texture!
The right way to Make Vegan Salad Dressing
This vegan salad dressing is just like the dressing we utilized in our Creamy Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad. You simply can’t beat the creaminess that may be a cashew cream sauce. I really like the quantity of protein that’s packed into this sauce, particularly for individuals who do comply with a vegan life-style.
Soak the Cashews
The important thing to tremendous creamy cashew sauce is to soak your cashews accurately. You need them to interrupt down sufficient for them to melt. There are two other ways to soak cashews for this dressing:
- In a single day- Cowl the cashews with water and allow them to soak in a single day.
- Flash Soak- Convey a small pot of water to a boil and add the cashews to the boiling water. Let sit for not less than quarter-hour earlier than mixing.
Mix all of the Substances
As soon as the cashews are comfortable all you must do is add the entire dressing components right into a high-powered blender. That is key! Be sure you have a high-powered blender or a high-powered meals processor to pulverize and cream the dressing! That’s it! Pour the creamy cashew dressing over the broccoli salad and you’ve got heaven in a bowl!
Wholesome Vegan Salad Recipes
Vegan Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad
This Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad is a vegan twist on traditional broccoli salad. It’s made with a yummy cashew dressing, mandarin oranges, almonds, and raisins.
Prep: 25 minutesCook dinner: 25 minutesComplete: 50 minutes
Mandarin Orange Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 11 oz. can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely diced crimson onion
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Unfold broccoli florets out on the baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and roast within the oven for 20-25 minutes or till broccoli has browned (however not mushy).
- Subsequent, place Mandarin oranges, raisins, crimson onion, slivered almonds, and sesame seeds into a big bowl and put aside.
- Put together vegan broccoli salad dressing by putting all dressing components right into a high-speed blender and mix all components collectively till easy.* Put aside.
- Take away broccoli from the oven, let it cool, after which add broccoli to the remainder of the salad components and blend.
- Pour broccoli salad dressing over the broccoli salad and blend effectively. Be certain all broccoli salad components are coated in dressing.
- Place within the fridge to relax. Take pleasure in!
Ideas & Notes
- If the dressing is simply too thick, add water by the tablespoon till it reaches the specified consistency.
Serving Dimension: 1/8
Key phrases: mandarin orange broccoli salad