Oh, the savory flavors of greens cooking collectively to create a piping scorching one-dish meal, recent out of the oven! That’s precisely what occurs on this tremendous easy, 100% plant-based model of a basic vegetable pot pie, which mixes tofu, carrots, celery, potatoes, and peas in a creamy sauce topped with home-made complete wheat biscuits. It might look difficult, however I promise you may get this meal-in-one on the desk in simply over an hour, all cooked and served in a single dish. So, you gained’t even have to wash any additional pots—as you’ll be able to bake it and serve it within the forged iron skillet by which you cook dinner it. It’s a favourite in my house, and I’m positive it is going to be in yours too.
The savory flavors of greens and tofu in a creamy sauce, topped with flaky complete wheat biscuits, is all of the motivation you could get a wholesome one-dish meal on the desk in about an hour.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 15-oz bundle additional agency tofu, drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons recent parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all function flour
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- ½ teaspoon floor mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt (to style, elective)
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened (i.e., soy or almond)
Entire Wheat Biscuits:
- Warmth olive oil in a big (about 12-inches) forged iron skillet or sauté pan, and sauté onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and garlic for 8 minutes.
- Add tofu, peas, and parsley, and sauté for an extra 2 minutes.
- Add flour, marjoram, mustard, celery salt, black pepper, and sea salt (elective) and stir to coat greens.
- Add broth and plant-based milk.
- Stir effectively, cowl, and proceed to cook dinner over medium warmth till it’s bubbly and thick—about 5 minutes.
- Take away from warmth.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To Make Entire Wheat Biscuits: Place flours and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add baking powder and stir effectively. Lower in margarine with a fork till crumbly. Add plant-based milk and stir to mix effectively, with out over-stirring. Place biscuit dough on a floured floor and roll out to about 1 inch thick. Lower out with 2-inch biscuit cutter or a 2-inch glass to make 8 biscuits.
- Place biscuits evenly on the floor of the vegetable pot pie in skillet or sauté pan.
- Place within the heart of the oven and bake till biscuits are golden brown and agency, about 20-25 minutes. Serve within the forged iron skillet.
- Makes 8 servings.
If you wish to make this recipe into particular person pot pies, divide filling into 4-8 (relying on their measurement) particular person, oven-proof baking dishes (i.e., ramekins, soup bowls, small skillets) and prime with biscuit dough. Bake till golden brown.
- Prep Time: half-hour
- Cook dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 364
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 333 mg
- Fats: 13 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 15 g
Key phrases: vegan consolation meals, vegan pot pie, pot pie recipe
For different consolation meals recipes, take a look at:
This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.